Queen victoria

Melb06

Just to let you guys know. just read on the queen victoria web site that when the ship come to melbourne aust on the 21 of feb. that it is going to arrive about 7 am and leave at 9 pm that night and it says that it well be the first stop in aust and it well be having a fireworks display before it departs read the web site for more details. http://www.queen-victoria.com.au/html/

I was there last year (on board QE2) when the QE2 and QM2 were in harbour together. It was a wonderful welcome from Sydney and it sounds as if it will be the same this year. There was a lovely firework display only equalled by Southampton when the QV left on her maiden voyage and we sailed through fireworks. Hope they have sorted out the traffic. While we were in dock, the view from my cabin was the Opera House.

Would have been nice to be there again but I shall be in the Caribbean on Balmoral since I could not get a cabin on QE2. For single travellers - Balmoral has 70 single cabins - QV has none. At least I have two more trips booked on the QE2 before she goes.

Maureen

Archived