packing..weather in AUGUST

melika091900

;) I know ive read the weather is unpredictible, but how should we pack ? we are leaving SF 8/5/08 and we are going to juneau, skagway,ketchikan and victoria.

rain gear? thermals? etc ...

please help, weve never been to alaska!! ;)

We were there mid August last year, and needed everything you mentioned. I wore shorts a couple days, winter coat with hat gloves, scarf and thermal underwear some other days! I never used my umbrella, but my water repellent outer jacket came in handy on misty days. In other words, you might as well be prepared for ANY kind of weather.

I was there last year in mid August. We had 2 days in the 70's but never needed shorts. I did take a pair just in case. I never used my raincoat, it spit on us a couple of times but not enough to need it. However, I brought it.

There were a couple of cold days and I was glad to have a warm polertec coat and hat.

thank you all for responding, i guess i will pack and be ready for anything;)

do you think windbreakers are ok ? as long as we have hats and gloves?

and umbrellas? or do the cruiselines usually provide them ? we are sailing on princess, i know celebrity gave us one in hawaii.

i dont want to bring big thick jackets.

in 2weeks we are going to warm mexico and its cold here

and in august its cold alaska and hot here, i think im confused when i book things ;) hee heeeee

i better keep ALL my clothes in the closet and not store anything..

thank you all again .

Melissa

I rolled my polertec fairly small. Just a windbreaker? It can get very cold on deck. It might be okay with a couple of thick sweaters under it. Is the windbreaker big enough for a couple of sweaters? On Princess ships you can sign out these plaid throws, too.

I wore my polertc coat with a sweater under it, a hat, and gloves. I was fine, but not too warm. Of course, you could luck out and have warm weather everyday.

Archived