Best value Luau on Oahu

COASTERBOB

We are doing a 3 day pre-cruise stay in Honolulu (9/2-5), prior to POA cruise and want to experience a Luau. What are your suggestions? I know Germaines has a coupon in the Entertainment Book (thanks for the suggestion to get the book!). There are 4 couples and we do enjoy eating.......and drinking! LOL Thanks in advance. Bob

On Oahu, I figure the 2 major luaus (Germaine's Luau and Paradise Cove) are about the same. Mostly positive comments from people though occ. comments such as the food wasn't up to their standards and weak drinks. Other alternatives include the Polynesian Cultural Center luau which is a "dry" luau (no alcohol) but may be somewhat unique given its location and the people working there. If you're in Waikiki, the Royal Hawaiian Hotel luau may be an option though it's only held on certain days (blanking on which days - Tuesday and some other day??). Also, if you're military or have somebody in your party who's military, the Hale Koa hotel also runs a luau which is a pretty good bargain ... not many comments yet about that one since it's relatively new.

Spleen

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/logos/time98.gif[/img]</a>
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

Given the coupon you have, I dont think you will be disappointed at Germaines...price seems to be an issue, so I would go with that.

Oh, but I notice that the Paradise Cove coupon is right underneath! Go to both of their web pages and see what you think....Since you all like to drink, you might want to upgrade to include the bar...the drinks are rather expensive and the lines are long.

We went to PC last august. We upgraded to the special pacakge and got souvenier photos, mugs, special Lei's, table service (a big plus when I was tipsy), and full bar included.

Some people do not need all of the extras, but we liked it.

I understand the two luaus are comperable so you can pick and choose between them. You'll have a great time either way!

NCL Star 1/04
What's Next? Alaska 2005 - Ask me about an official CC group!

coasterbob
I would also make a visit to Pearl Harbor if you haven't already done so before . . .
We had a memoriable experience 4 years ago on Good Friday morning . . . we arrived @ Pearl Harbor before it even opened (that jet lag from the midwest had us up @ 5 am) well, to our surprise we were one of the first in line & there was an actual Pearl Harbor survivor on hand w/ personal stories & pictures to share before our journey on the first boat out to the monument . . . so moving.
Aloha!
Laurie

Archived