Custom Air - Who books?

Coadysmom

We've booked cruise/air through a travel agent and are looking for custom air arrangements for next January to Australia. Does our travel agent do the custom air arrangments with Celebrity or can we do this direct through Captains Club? :confused: It seems to me that going back and forth to try to get the custom air can take days via email. I may be too anxious here to try and get the exact fllights that we want, but I'm sort of anal about planning and making sure that we get our flights. Anybody with experience out there to help us out?

Thanks

I was in a similar state of mind with my air/cruise Chicago/London. I called the Custom air desk at Celebrity. They were very nice and helpful, although they could actually do nothing since I had booked with a TA. They did provide alot of information, including flights and costs, that I then used when I contacted my TA. But you are right about it being frustrating because they all move so slowly. It seems they (the TA) work with someone at Celebrity and information is slow in coming. I finally told my TA that I had talked to Custom Air, I knew the flights, the airline and even the cost. All she had to do was convey my wishes to Celebrity. I got a reply but it still took about a week total when I got the same information in a 10 minute phone call.

Your TA must deal with Celebrity about custom air. There is no guarantee that you can get the flights you want without an upcharge. I would do it as early as possible in case you have to go back and forth with Celebrity a little bit.

When I needed to do it recently (and my TA was in the hospital), I spoke to a Customer Service person with my travel agency. He had Celebrity Custom Air on one line and me on another. He was able to go back and forth between us and get the details settled with little trouble.

If you want more information about custom air, email me privately at my screen name at aol dot com.

Archived