Time difference ?

tracie

I am just wondering what the time difference is between Long Beach and PV, MAZ, and Cabo. Also, if the ship says that you arrive at 9:00AM, is that local time for the port you are arriving in? I am just wondering because I want to book some excursions. Thanks.

Tracie

Tracie,

Typically the ship stays on EST, i.e., if you leave from Miami, the ship will stay on Miami's time unless they tell you differently. So if your itinerary says you arrive in the Caymans at 7:00 a.m., it's really 8:00 a.m. ship's time. If you schedule an excursion for noon Cayman time, you'll be fine. You would be pushing it if you scheduled an excursion at 9:00 Cayman time. For your first cruise you may want to schedule excursions through the ship, even though they are more expensive. This way you wouldn't have to worry about the time.

Here's a site where you can check times in different places against the time zone you're in. http://times.clari.net.au/location.php3/America/Tegucigalpa

You will love cruising and will be as addicted as the rest of us. Enjoy your first cruise!:D

Archived