"Day Stay" in Miami

jallison8378

Hi everyone, the search function doesn't seem to be working right now so I'm sorry if this information already exists in another recent thread.

My family of 6 is taking a cruise out of Miami this July, and our return flight isn't until about 8 p.m. on the day we disembark. I know that in some places, like Puerto Rico, some hotels allow you to purchase a day pass where you can use their pool or waterfront, etc. for the day while they store your luggage. Does any hotel near the port in Miami offer this?

Our TA told us we could take a shuttle to the airport in the morning and pay to store our luggage in lockers for the day, but I'm trying to see if there are any other solutions out there.

From reading other threads it sounds like our other options might be taking a post-cruise excursion in Miami, or renting a car for the day (which would have to be a pretty big car to store 6 peoples' luggage). Does anyone have any other ideas?

We had a late flight last year out of Miami but it was at 4:00 p.m. The only lockers I could find were at the airport and at Bayside but they are not large enough to fit larger luggage.

I do remember that the Hyatt had a day rate of $85 but it was only from 10-4. I think the hotel at the airport had a day rate but it was higher.

Even with a post-cruise excursion, you would be back to the hotel around 2, too many hours before 8:00 p.m. flight.

We took a cab to the airport and checked our bags early. No problem doing that hours prior. We then took a cab back to Bayside and stayed there until around 1:30 and cab back to the airport. It was an expensive cab day but what we wanted to do and still around the same price as a post-cruise tour for 2.

If there were 4 of you, maybe getting a hotel room would be easier. Use the hotel facilities, etc., shower before your flight home. Any chance to change your flight to earlier in the day or early the next day?

Archived