Colon, Panama ans Limon, Costa Rica...Any suggestions??

nixnutz

Hello all,

I've done the google thing....I've read the "Ports of Call" threads...I've read the "Scuba and Snorkelling" threads and I haven't found anything about these two ports. Carnival isn't offering any diving excursions at these two ports and I'm not having much luck booking privately.

I'm looking for reef/wildlife dives at these two ports. Boat or shore is fine. If you know a shop or have used a shop, I could really use your input. Any suggestions with reviews would be a big help...

Thanks in advance!!

Been there, done that. Found nothing. We heard rumors of a dive shop south of Limon, but we found it all boarded up. Seems most of the good Costa Rica diving is on the Pacific side. As for Colon, you'll see when you get there, lots of dirty water and a massive number of ships waiting to go through the canal. If you haven't seen the canal and the ship isn't going through, don't miss it. You can just take a taxi from the port and stay for as long as you like, watching the ships squeeze through. If you take a tour they will rush you. We did take a tour to a village to see the Black Christ statue. Just seeing the countryside of Panama was very interesting. Sorry I could not help much. Hope someone else had better luck than we did. http://www.cruisedivers.blogspot.com

Thanks for the reply. it seems that your comments are the exact comments that I'm getting everywhere I look. This could kill this cruise itinerary for us. We've been looking at Carnival Miracle on 11/29 (Costa Rica, Panama and Belize) as well as Carnival Miracle on 12/7 (St. Martin, St Kitts, St. Lucia). Looks like the 12/7 sailing is gonna be it.

I know Belize has great diving (been there twice including PADI OWD training), but I can't see taking that cruise just for Belize, when diving is such a huge part of our travels.

Thanks again!!

Archived