Review: Pacific Dawn New Years Cruise 2007/2008

Hi there Luckiepuris,

We were also on this cruise, bought back memories...... Do you remember Timmy and Tommy.....hahahahahaha.... Timmy in lockdown and the final of Pop idol with Tommy singing (kind of) and Timmy running around stage in Gstring..... and that song "Just like a pill" we actually videod it all and had to send Tommy a copy.....It was such a great cruise, except the big swells, I remember our drawers next to the bed went flying onto the floor one night, and people being sick and those little men running around in what looked like space suits.... Fiona

What a shame we didn't get to meet Fiona!

Timmy & Tommy...trying to remember but not sure who they were! I do remember the guy who was thrown off the ship for urinating on the top deck during the NYE deck party. And there were a group of guys on one of the last nights who had a fight in their room, so were in lockdown in their room until arrival in Sydney. The swells were bad!

Just noticed you are cruising again for NYE this year! I too am cruising NYE but on Rhapsody Of The Seas instead this time. Hope you have a fantastic time celebrating NYE onboard! :)

What a shame we didn't get to meet Fiona!

Timmy & Tommy...trying to remember but not sure who they were! I do remember the guy who was thrown off the ship for urinating on the top deck during the NYE deck party. And there were a group of guys on one of the last nights who had a fight in their room, so were in lockdown in their room until arrival in Sydney. The swells were bad!

Just noticed you are cruising again for NYE this year! I too am cruising NYE but on Rhapsody Of The Seas instead this time. Hope you have a fantastic time celebrating NYE onboard! :)

Yes, we off again on Pacific Dawn NYE cruise(was actually booked on Jewel, then they changed) we actually got a price on Dawn and Jewel and Dawn was quite a lot more , so we thought Jewel being new and all we would book that(so, we are more than happy), last year we did Dawn Princess NYE cruise, was a great cruise but comparing the two, Pacifc Dawn was soooo much better, maybe if we hadnt done Pacific Dawn first we wouldnt had realised how quiet and tame Dawn Princess was, there were quite a lot of oldies on Princess..we were a bit disappointed that on Princess they would pack up deck chairs and close bars at about 6.30, was like a ghost town up there at night and you remember what Pacific Dawn was like....Where are you cruising to on Rhapsody Of The Seas???? How exciting for you, where do you leave from? Fiona x

Yes, we off again on Pacific Dawn NYE cruise(was actually booked on Jewel, then they changed) we actually got a price on Dawn and Jewel and Dawn was quite a lot more , so we thought Jewel being new and all we would book that(so, we are more than happy), last year we did Dawn Princess NYE cruise, was a great cruise but comparing the two, Pacifc Dawn was soooo much better, maybe if we hadnt done Pacific Dawn first we wouldnt had realised how quiet and tame Dawn Princess was, there were quite a lot of oldies on Princess..we were a bit disappointed that on Princess they would pack up deck chairs and close bars at about 6.30, was like a ghost town up there at night and you remember what Pacific Dawn was like....Where are you cruising to on Rhapsody Of The Seas???? How exciting for you, where do you leave from? Fiona x

Glad to hear that in the end, you're on the ship you originally wanted to be on! That's a shame about Dawn Princess, I think it does tend to go to a slightly older crowd whereas P&O is more known as a party ship, especially for NYE. It is a shame that they seemed to pack things up so early, especially when you may like to sit on deck after dinner. I do remember one night on Pacific Dawn sitting on deck until sunrise as we sailed into Mystery Island, and was one of the cruise highlights!

How was Dawn Princess? Some of my extended family are looking at booking this ship.

On Rhapsody, we are cruising from Sydney, visiting Melbourne and then off to New Zealand. Something different as I have done 4 cruises to the South Pacific so looking forward to the different ship, diffrent cruise line and different itinery. It sort of feels like my first cruise all over again because everything will be new and different.

We are in Melbourne and did enquire to board the cruise in Melbourne but it would have cost more to do this and lose the first two days on the ship, than to fly to Sydney.

Not long to go now until our cruises :)

Glad to hear that in the end, you're on the ship you originally wanted to be on! That's a shame about Dawn Princess, I think it does tend to go to a slightly older crowd whereas P&O is more known as a party ship, especially for NYE. It is a shame that they seemed to pack things up so early, especially when you may like to sit on deck after dinner. I do remember one night on Pacific Dawn sitting on deck until sunrise as we sailed into Mystery Island, and was one of the cruise highlights!

How was Dawn Princess? Some of my extended family are looking at booking this ship.

On Rhapsody, we are cruising from Sydney, visiting Melbourne and then off to New Zealand. Something different as I have done 4 cruises to the South Pacific so looking forward to the different ship, diffrent cruise line and different itinery. It sort of feels like my first cruise all over again because everything will be new and different.

We are in Melbourne and did enquire to board the cruise in Melbourne but it would have cost more to do this and lose the first two days on the ship, than to fly to Sydney.

Not long to go now until our cruises :)

Hi there, Dawn Princess was a beautiful ship, drinks were a bit extra as everything you get has that 10 or 15% grat added on. It was just so diff (in good ways) to P&O for things like...drink cards,coffee cards, free pizzas and free pool snacks, free room service, 24 hour buffet etc... people tended to dress up a lot more, more formal nights, even if it wasnt formal night they would still really dress up (we didnt) On Pacific Dawn we would often sit up on top deck talking and having drinks after dinner but that didnt happen.Laundry's were a drama too, there was one on each deck but a tiny room with only 2 washing machines/dryer. and most of the time one would be out of order. Remember on Pac dawn how big they were, we were lucky I guess as we were right opposite laundry on deck 5 but there didnt seem to be a problem waiting or anything.My mum has been on Dawn Princess and just loves it, dont get me wrong we had a fantastic cruise and if there was a special we would prob go again. I think the rooms are bigger on P&O as well. Are you family that are thinking of going older? They will have a great time, Dawn Princess was a very classy ship (more so than Pac dawn) the glass elevators and everything was beautiful. This will be our 3rd South Pac cruise so we are trying to think of something diff for next time. Mum is actually on Dawn Princess now cruising from Syd - NZ. She left last week.

We are all counting down the sleeps now. Cant wait. You will have to let us know how you go, it will feel so different for you going on diff ship to diff ports. Fiona :)

Archived