Favors/gifts

vibris

Trying not to pack as much for my 7 day wedding cruise. Any ideas for favors. I have lotto ticket holders with our names on them and we plan to get lotto tickets for them. We also got a good deal on tote bags and was going to pass them out. We also had votive glasses with our names on them, but I"m thinking it's too much stuff to pack now. Any suggestions? I also need to buy something for my father and grandmother? I'm thinking I could get her a bracelet on the trip, but really want to get my father something since he paid for our wedding. Any good ideas are appreciated.

Some of the wedding favor sites have great silver pocketwatches that you can have engraved. I am thinking about getting one of those for my dad. Also, IF you have time, how about a scrapbook dedicated to your life with your dad and how much of an impact on your life he had - photos, tickets from things you attended together, cute stories about things you shared. I made one of those for my husband for each of our children - he really treasures them.

I've seen these and think these are nice,CHEAP, practical and lightweight favors---

wedding passport covers http://www.cruisenfavors.com/quotpassport-to-lovequot-passport-covers.html

as for grandma...the hankie is a good idea

for dad...i got him a pair of cufflinks and his fav bottle of wine, but he didn't pay for my wedding. this may not be what your thinking, but check it out....good luck and congrats

http://www.cruisenfavors.com/oneofakind-wedding-cufflinks.html

My mom and I did our welcome bags last night! It cost 120 bucks for 15 cabins... I went to Target and did great... 12 gift bags (sand colored) fr\or 4.99... Filled them with crinkle paper... added 2-3 nips of bicardi or coconut rum, uno travel (4 pack minis), crazy straws, hershey kisses, fun sunglasses (10 pack for 2.99), shot glasses (four pack 1.00 at dollar store), we bought ocean themed scrapbook quality stickers and light blue ribbon. I bought cute tags at that same aisle in target... they are cute and all packed int the suitcase to go! I wrote a personalized note to each couple on thetag... For the kids, I found cute little bads and trinkets at target as well... Each little kid gets his or her own bag.

That's a great idea. Will that let you take that rum on board. I would like to do that too, but I was unsure if they would let us bring it on board. We have 25 ppl attending, so I have purchased full size tote bags that were on sale for 1.99 each. I purchased shot glasses with our names on them and lotto ticket holders with our names on them with lotto tickets. Less than a week left. Good luck to all the 2008 Brides!

Trying not to pack as much for my 7 day wedding cruise. Any ideas for favors. I have lotto ticket holders with our names on them and we plan to get lotto tickets for them. We also got a good deal on tote bags and was going to pass them out. We also had votive glasses with our names on them, but I"m thinking it's too much stuff to pack now. Any suggestions? I also need to buy something for my father and grandmother? I'm thinking I could get her a bracelet on the trip, but really want to get my father something since he paid for our wedding. Any good ideas are appreciated.

If it's a beach wedding, then seed favors, imprinted note pads, "We tied the knot" pens, wedding soaps, CD cases, sewing kits, lovesavers roll candy, wedding conversation hearts, and wedding buttermints all pack very well. I'm working on favors for my friend's Dec 08 wedding on the new Independence of the Seas (RCL). She's getting married in St. Thomas. Take a look at Oriental Trading Company's website: http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=browse&origin=home.jsp&event=catalog&categoryId=377344&tabId=PartyPlanning

I'm sure you'll find some things that don't take up much packing space. My girlfriend and her fiance will be travelling to Florida on the Auto Train, so the favors will come with them. I will also have tote bags for everyone as they board the ship, bride's crew and grooms crew tshirts for everyone, lotion, sanitizer, wipes, tissues, fans, emory boards, noisemakers and clappers, and labeled bottled water for the beach wedding. There will be different favors at the dinner table beginning the wedding night and continuing for the next 4 nights. The ladies will do a "last fling before the ring" bachelorette bash the eve of the wedding.

One idea I've seen for the grandparents are two sets of engraved frames. One frame has the wedding photo, and the other is of the grandparent(s) and the wedding couple.

Ex: "Nothing can replace the unconditional Love of a Grandparent"

To Nana and Papa, we love you!

Jen and Jeff, December 16, 2008

I've seen really pretty charm bracelets with photo lockets. A nice idea is to pay for a full day of spa pampering for your grandmother. For your father, a set of really good bottles of duty-free liquor or cuban cigars would be very nice.

Congratulations on you upcoming marriage!

Archived