Ferry to Jost Van Dyke

roosterhead

To go to Jost van Dyke, make sure you tell the cab that you want the West End ferry - there's another ferry in Roadtown but it doesn't go to JVD. It's about 25 minutes to West End, and another 25 minutes for the ferry ride +/-.

Island girl,

Thanks for the reply.

My ship arrives at noon, I want to catch the 1 o'clock ferry, we are supposedly the only ship in port that day. Do you think this is possible to do? Will I have trouble finding a taxi to take me there?

thanks

You should be fine as long as you can get off your ship pretty quickly and get a cab. We got off our ship about 9:00 and easily caught a 10:00 ferry just 2 weeks ago, with about 5-10 minutes to spare. There are cabs right by the cruise terminal, but most of them are trying to do tours. I'm pretty sure we ended up paying extra ($30) for just 2 of us to go to West End. Other people said it would be $20, but we didn't want to waste any time waiting for more people and then miss the ferry, so we just paid it and went. You'll make it if you just find a cab and go.

If you're planning to go to White Bay & Soggy Dollar, it's beautiful! Great Painkillers, too! Cabs will be at the ferry dock on JVD too. You should arrange to have them come back to pick you up, though - it's not as busy or populated on Jost.

Have fun - I wish we were there now!

Archived