DePalm Island

Shela

Went to DePalm Island Island a little over a year ago and found it to quite nice . They offer both afull and half day visit We did the half day ( afternoon )version and it was perfect I think the cost was $59 and included a buffet lunch OK,open bar and snorkel equipment . The sorkeling was excellent and easy.

Would recomend this trip

I have to agree with Billfish that De Palm Island is nice. Our cruise group went there a couple of years ago as part of a daylong off-road excursion. We had lunch on the island and did some snorkeling. It was basically a beach break in the middle of our day. As I recall, the food was decent, the beach was good, snorkeling was worthwhile, and the facilities/staff were nice. We are going back to Aruba on AOS next month, and we just booked the same excursion (if that tells you anything). It seems like De Palm Tours is generally a class act, so any of their tours will be good. If you are looking for a good place to sit down and enjoy the day, De Palm Island will fit the bill.

They offer both afull and half day visit We did the half day (afternoon ) version and it was perfect I think the cost was $59 and included a buffet lunch OK,open bar and snorkel equipment.

Did you book this through the ship or on your own? If on your own, did you have to provide your own transportation? TIA.

We went to DePalm Island a year ago this week and were VERY disappointed! Food was lousy, the "beach" was tiny, the snorkeling was difficult because it was very windy and rough, it was under construction to fix some hurricane damage and expand their facilities, and we were shocked to find that the island was basically a sand bar just off shore from a HUGE electric plant.

The only GOOD thing was that we only booked the half day excursion instead of the full day!:rolleyes:

Did you book this through the ship or on your own? If on your own, did you have to provide your own transportation? TIA.

Booked this on my own. We were staying at the Holiday Inn and we booked the trip at the Depalm Pier. We also used a coupon from one of the handouts and got $10 off.

They provided Bus transportation from the Hotel as part of the package

Archived