Hotel Queen Mary in Long Beach

On Trip Advisor... the Queen Mary gets horrible reviews. There are alot of complaints about nightly noise from the theater and night club that is on the Queen Mary.

Its the ghosts. :)

Have you considered the Coast Hotel if you are on Carnival?

I'm not saying I was thrilled with everything about it, but I did think it was a perfect location for anyone on Carnival. The room service food was good and reasonable. The restaurant halfway between the Coast and the Queen Mary was very nice and prices weren't horrid.

The green arrow points to the Coast Hotel ...

CoastHotel-LongBeach.jpg

For those who are as clueless as I was when I made my reservations. the Long Beach / San Pedro area is like a great big

E. The top leg is Long Beach where the Hilton is,

the center leg is Coast Hotel, Restaurant, Queen Mary and Carnival.

The bottom leg is San Pedro, Crown Plaza and the NCL dock.

The long line is the freeway.... well, big road with bridges.

We were docked in San Pedro and the transport cost was $30. Wouldn't do that again. I'd pick my hotel based on where my ship was docked.

LB-SP.jpg

Well, if you are arriving at 9:30 AM, then you still have to get off the plane. Get your luggage, and then taxi over to the port.

Wouldn't it be better to wait until after the plane taxis over to the port before getting off the plane and getting the luggage? :)

Thanks guys, I knew I could count on you. I'm not thrilled about staying on the QM, but it's close to port, and if I don't have to worry about transports, that's one less job for me. I'm in charge of transports and travel insurance and probably researching places for dinner as well as liquor stores in the area. Are these things doable w/o a car or taking a taxi? I should also let you know we are not sailing until Oct. 09.

Archived