Recent returner from Regatta: 2/13 - 2/25

rez4jc

Hello Everyone!

My depression from disembarking the Regatta has finally subsided, and I have finally finished my review. Being our second time aboard this ship we knew what to expect and were not disappointed. My review should be posted in the next couple of days and it is very port oriented. Any specific questions, I'd be glad to answer....

Thank you for that posting!!! I am new to this site and am going on this trip in a few weeks for my honeymoon. We are so excited but a bit overwhelmed.

Any recommendation for the cruise tours?? We are probably going to site see most on our own but let us know what tours you took and what you can recommend.

ANY info would be helpful.

Also, we planned on getting our own transfer off the ship to our hotel in Rome- cabs easily accessible?

Thank you

Megan:o

Sorry, Megan, but I went to the Caribbean aboard the Regatta. I haven't been to Europe yet, so I can't comment on the tours over there. If you have any "ship specific" question, I can answer that.

FYI - be aware that the port for Rome is located in Civitivecchia, a good hour away. If you don't want to do the bus transfer, think about trying to arrange transportation with other passengers to split the cost.

A cab from the port to Rome would be quite expensive. It's quite a distance. Try the train to Rome Termini and then a cab to your hotel. An all day pass cost us about 9 Euro's. Don't know if they sell multi day passes.

Megan: Look on the roll call section of cruise critic to find other passengers on your cruise who might want to share cab into Rome for post-cruise stay. We shared with another couple we met through the roll call, door-to-door service even though we were in two different hotels. Cost was reasonable when split, especially since we had luggage to deal with.

P.S. if you do a search on the Destinations section of CC you'll find some recommendations re: limo/car services. Marsha

Megan: Look on the roll call section of cruise critic to find other passengers on your cruise who might want to share cab into Rome for post-cruise stay. We shared with another couple we met through the roll call, door-to-door service even though we were in two different hotels. Cost was reasonable when split, especially since we had luggage to deal with.

P.S. if you do a search on the Destinations section of CC you'll find some recommendations re: limo/car services. Marsha

thank you so much!! i have left postings all over this site. i dont know how to navigate it well.appreciate the help!!

Archived