totally off topic but I cant find info anywhere else

Does anyone using these boards know of a service that transports cars from a city (in this case, in the northeast of the US) to Florida - I know there is the Amtrak Auto Train, but I remember seeing something, somewhere, about an "Autobus" which would take your car on a car transport vehicle, and the passengers on a bus (maybe like Greyhound) to destinations in Florida. I have tried finding them on the 'net but have not had any success. If anyone knows about the "Autobus" I would appreciate a reply. Thanks in advance!

I know there are truck lines that do this. I see them all the time on I-75 hauling a bunch of different cars. Try searching for "automobile transport" or look in the yellow pages.

I just tried "automobile transport" on Yahoo search and got a bunch of hits.

Roise

Auto Bus is located in Mountain Top, PA about 15 minutes from my house. The do the car thing to Florida and since you are from near Phila I believe it would work here is their phone number

1 570- 474-6771

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

Being prior military I would call a local military base and ask what service they use. You would want to get ahold of the Household Goods PCS (Permanent Change of Station) section of Transportation. At least you would know who is reputable, well at least from the military standpoint. There are some shady people out there be careful.

• 2 months later...

Archived