Zuiderdam 24 day Mediterranean Cruise

miamicruzer

Ok, I have a lot of questions so I hope you all are patient! :D

We have decided on the above Sept cruise, and now am trying to decide on shore excursions. This is my "retirement" cruise and my wife has never been to Europe, so we would love to hear from you more "experienced" cruisers that may have taken this cruise as to what excursions you took and liked, or disliked, and why. I know that we all are different in likes and dislikes, but reading those "mini-reviews" :eek: that HAL has on their website means next to nothing to me! ( HAL, pictures with the review would be a BIG help!)

Barcelona We decided on the Highlights tour here

Monte Carlo. We could care less about gambling, so are considering the Nice & Eze tour

Florence I think we have decided on the transfer only to Florence as I want to re-explore that on our own. However any suggestions are gratefully considered!

Rome We have kind of decided on the Highlights of Rome tour

Messina, Navplion, Katakolon and Corfu :rolleyes: OK, I'm now lost, any suggestions on what to do here

Dubrovnik, we're split on 3 or 4 of them here!! CHOICES :confused: Ain't life grand??

Venice is basically figured, I was here with my daughter's school 6 years ago, and fell in love with this city, and that was the big reason to take this cruise and show my wife!

Split, Croatia, Again help here, the Historic Split & Riveria, the Omis and Cetina countryside, or the Sibenik and Kika Waterfalls. The last one sounds intersting, but they better be real nice for a 7hr tour!!:eek:

Piraeus, Leaning towards the Athens, Acropolis and Cape Sounion tour, but may just do the Athens and Acropolis tour

Istanbul, Ok, last time I was here was a member of a USAR team for the big earthquake there, so all I got to see was the Bazaar for 3 hrs on the way home! LOL, 2 days and what to see?

The other spots I think are good, but will take any and all suggestions!

Sounds like I picked a cruise the back way, I guess, but we have decided to jump in with both feet on this one, so any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks everyone! :cool:

Hi,

How exciting for you! Have you checked the roll call for your sailing? If you do you'll get a lot of feedback from your fellow cruisers. I have a review and pictures but it's for northern Europe not the Med so I can't help you. I suggest that you hop on over to the roll call board and click on your Zuiderdam sailing date, you'll be glad you did.

GN

Archived