Weather

Jane1614

Usually the ideal period to cruise. Not yet to hot with temperatures arround 30 degrees Celsius. In Italy temperatures in July/August may reach 40 degrees Celsius, although August is the favorite month of vacation of many Italians.

Jane,

We traveled through Italy the last two weeks of May and first week of June and the temperature for us Notherners was wonderful. Actually in Pompeii it was extremely hot! The rest of the time it was beautiful in Capri, Sorrento and Rome. The beach was great as we practically had it to ourselves and the water was fine for swimming. The Vatican lacked the summer crowds and lines that we experienced last July. As for last July and August, the temperature didn't drop below 100 f and hit 120 in both Rome and Athens. The Greek Islands were really too hot to enjoy much sight seeing, we spent a lot of time hanging out in the pool or the Sea. Evenings were better earlier also, it didn't cool down enough for jackets but it was pleasent. In July and August, it was still HOT at midnight! Hope this helps.

NASCAB :) Happy St. Patricks Day!

Thanks for the info. I am still wondering. You know, I am a florida girl, so when it goes below 75 I get cold. LOL! Well that is perfect weather for walking around and sight seeing, but I would hope it gets a bit warmer in day, for swimming and sun bathing. ...and at night can deal with the 75, I think you just never know at this time of year. Will bring a mix of clothes. No matter what ...I'm sure it will be wonderful.

Archived