Carnival Esctasy-Uxmal Excursion

LKM1025

Hi, I've been reading about the different excursions in Progreso and this one interests me. The Esctasy will dock in Progreso at 7 and leave at 3. My question for anyone who has done this recently is how long is this tour? I understand that it is about 2 hours each way to Uxmal. How much time did you have after returning to Progreso to shop/look around?

Hi, I've been reading about the different excursions in Progreso and this one interests me. The Esctasy will dock in Progreso at 7 and leave at 3. My question for anyone who has done this recently is how long is this tour? I understand that it is about 2 hours each way to Uxmal. How much time did you have after returning to Progreso to shop/look around?

We did this tour last June and the drive to Uxmal is about 1 1/2 hours each way. We had two guides, one who talked to us on the way to Uxmal and the other one gave the tour at Uxmal. Both were excellent. We got back with an hour to shop at the pier. There are quite a few shops at the Progreso Terminal. You would not have time to shop in the marketplace in town and then get back to the ship. BTW, we loved Uxmal. I have a review of our tour on one of the threads on this forum. There is a lot of good information on this forum. (Here is the link to my review of Uxmal; it is #22: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=449074 ) Travelgirl

Took this tour last May so I don't remember how much time was left after the tour, we went straight back to the boat, but I do agree with Travel Girl that it was great. Uxmal is beautiful, and the group size was a lot smaller than those going to the other Ruins, plus you could climb and explore everything!

Thanks so much for your opinions on this tour. It's always nice to hear from someone who has done it before. I need to talk with my friend and see what she wants to do in Progreso, but if we decide to do a ruins tour, then it will definitely be to Uxmal! Thanks again!

Archived