Princess multi-state transfers to Brooklyn terminal?

mikeythemars

Late in 2006, Princess apparently announced they would be offering long distance, multi-state motorcoach transfer service to and from spring and summer 2007 cruises departing from the new Red Hook Brooklyn cruise terminal in NYC.

I can't find the original Princess press release (all the links to it lead to a dead page on the Princess site), but brief summaries I've seen on various archived travel news sites stated there were supposed to be four routes:

- One serving CD, DE, MD, eastern PA and southern NJ

- A second serving western and central PA

- A third serving Boston, central MA and western/central CT

- A fourth serving RI and southern CT

The general rates being referenced were someting in the range of $100 to $150 per person, depending on distance. I don't know if that was both ways or just one way.

Whatever, does anyone know (a) whether Princess actually implemented this last year and (b) whether they plan to offer it this year? Asking because we are booked on the Caribbean Princess out of Red Hook in August and we live relatively close to some of the stops referenced in the 2007 plan. If it's offered, this might be attractive given our other options (private car service from our home north of NYC or commuter rail to Manhattan to get a cab to Brooklyn) are either really pricey or a logistical pain.

Yes, I plan to call my agent about this, but in advance any insight is appreciated!!:D

Archived