Shasa cruise

JWestShuh

I was recently in Barbados (just returned yesterday from our cruise) and I wanted to comment on Shasa cruises. We had a great time on this excursion. Sailing around Barbados on the smaller sailboat was great. Not a lot of people means much more personalized service. We had the 5 hour tour booked where you snorkel with turtles as well as over a shipwreck. When we first arrived, Jason (the captain) told us that because it was so busy with 4 cruise ships in port that day - that if we would like a quieter experience, we should skip the shipwreck and snorkel at a different reef instead. My husband was a bit disappointed with this, but he made the best of it. We spend time at a great reef, had fun snorkeling with the turtles (just our group), had a great lunch and had time to swim (again just our group). Overall it was a great experience.

Now, when we returned to the cruise ship we asked people how their day was and most said it was alright. They went with other tours for the turtle/shipwreck excursion. All said that they felt very overwhelmed and claustrophobic with the experience. They said that during the turtle swim that there 50+ people in the water trying to see the same turtle - we had 10. They said that the shipwreck was an old garbage boat and again, felt that they had no room to snorkel because they were bumping into each other. Jason made sure that he traveled away from the crowds and he knew where to go to make it as personalized as possible. I am so happy we chose his excursion. http://www.shasacatamarancruises.com/ for more info - again, we recommend highly.

I was recently in Barbados (just returned yesterday from our cruise) and I wanted to comment on Shasa cruises. We had a great time on this excursion. Sailing around Barbados on the smaller sailboat was great. Not a lot of people means much more personalized service. We had the 5 hour tour booked where you snorkel with turtles as well as over a shipwreck. When we first arrived, Jason (the captain) told us that because it was so busy with 4 cruise ships in port that day - that if we would like a quieter experience, we should skip the shipwreck and snorkel at a different reef instead. My husband was a bit disappointed with this, but he made the best of it. We spend time at a great reef, had fun snorkeling with the turtles (just our group), had a great lunch and had time to swim (again just our group). Overall it was a great experience.

Now, when we returned to the cruise ship we asked people how their day was and most said it was alright. They went with other tours for the turtle/shipwreck excursion. All said that they felt very overwhelmed and claustrophobic with the experience. They said that during the turtle swim that there 50+ people in the water trying to see the same turtle - we had 10. They said that the shipwreck was an old garbage boat and again, felt that they had no room to snorkel because they were bumping into each other. Jason made sure that he traveled away from the crowds and he knew where to go to make it as personalized as possible. I am so happy we chose his excursion. http://www.shasacatamarancruises.com/ for more info - again, we recommend highly.

We took the Shasa Tour with Jason in November 2007 and only had 8 people onboard. It was a very nice trip and as you said we did not have to deal with other people bumping into us. I highly recommend him. I think he charged $50 per person.

Archived