All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Ooh yay, great thread; I can't wait to sail on Freedom later this year.

OK, I have a question; can you pre-book tickets to the Ice Show before you board, or if not, where do you go to book them?

Thanks!

Spanner x

They will announce when to pick up tickets for the ice show on the first couple of days. The object of the tickets is to regulate the size of the performances. There are plenty of performances, they are just trying to keep everyone from showing up to the same perfomance. Don't stress about it. (but don't miss it)

They will announce when to pick up tickets for the ice show on the first couple of days. The object of the tickets is to regulate the size of the performances. There are plenty of performances, they are just trying to keep everyone from showing up to the same perfomance. Don't stress about it. (but don't miss it)

Oh that's great - thanks Lori! I know to get there early if I need a wheelchair space too so I'll be happier once we've booked our tickets and know when to show up!

Thanks again x

spanner - the tickets are general admission. So don't worry about getting the tickets early. Just show up for the show a little early, but frankly, I don't recall seeing a lot of wheelchairs on any of my cruises. I don't think you will have any trouble showing up at the last minute either.

Which makes me wonder....how many wheelchair accessible cabins are there on a Freedom class ship??

Good question; not that many but we're not in an Accessible cabin because I'm an occasional w/c user luckily, rather than a permanent user. I can't walk very far and have to use a walking stick but when I've overdone it my spine is so unstable and painful that it literally seizes up and then I can't walk at all....hence the wheelchair.

From day to day I don't know whether it'll be a walking stick day or a wheelchair day so I'm going to rent a w/c to be delivered to our JS. Should be plenty of room to store a folding chair then I can use it if necessary.

I've heard Freedom is a BIG ship compared to OV1 and 2 and I'd hate to get stuck at one end and not be able to walk to the cabin....lol! :D

Thanks for the ticket advice x

Thanks for the info on photobucket - I will post them there when I get home. I will also try to get all the menu's for each day so you can all plan your future cruise on Freedom as I have.

With all the price reductions we were able to upgrade to JS on the hump for less than the balcony we had originally reserved. This will be my first JS so I'm very excited.

Looking forward to cruising on the Freedom. Our first was on the Serenade and I can't imagine anything better than that! However, I hear this may just be it!:)

I'm going on the western cruise next week and promise to bring home all the current compasses and scan them. Not sure where I'll be able to put them (website) but be sure I will find a way. I have had no luck finding anyone to post current ones. The only ones I have found are a year old.

Thanks BobKat, that will be fantastic!!

Quick question for those who recently sailed on FOS.....

(I'm sorry if this question has been posted......I quickly skimmed through the post)

Last year we took our first RCCL cruise on The Liberty. We LOVED the DECT phones for keeping intouch with our 2 teenagers.

We convinced our friends to try The Freedom, and they sailed out on Sunday. She sent me a text message that RCCL no longer has DECT phones. (GASP!)

Does anyone know about this????? They were perfect for keeping tabs on 2 kids who are old enough to not have to stay with mom and dad......but gave us the piece of mind that we could contact them and let them know about changes in plans.

Any information is appreciated.

Fran

Can you also find out what dining room is used for the any time dining?

Judy

The DR for MyTime dining is the one on the 5th deck - can't remember the name. The deck 3 & 4 DR's are for regular seating.

Quick question for those who recently sailed on FOS.....

(I'm sorry if this question has been posted......I quickly skimmed through the post)

Last year we took our first RCCL cruise on The Liberty. We LOVED the DECT phones for keeping intouch with our 2 teenagers.

We convinced our friends to try The Freedom, and they sailed out on Sunday. She sent me a text message that RCCL no longer has DECT phones. (GASP!)

Does anyone know about this????? They were perfect for keeping tabs on 2 kids who are old enough to not have to stay with mom and dad......but gave us the piece of mind that we could contact them and let them know about changes in plans.

Any information is appreciated.

Fran

Dect phones were available on the 3/22 sailing of FOS. I saw many people with them. But I have also heard that they can run out.

I wonder if the schedule/compasses will change once Freedom goes to Port Canaveral...........other than the home port of course. :p

I am sure they will. Doesn't the itinerary change as well? I think the Eastern from Port Canaveral is going to either Labadee or Coco Cay - correct? So that right there is a change.

Dect phones were available on the 3/22 sailing of FOS. I saw many people with them. But I have also heard that they can run out.

Thanks, TandTMom...............

I wonder if my friend is "confused". It is their first RCCL cruise, and she just said they don't have them anymore. Anyone who goes between now and 6/21, please let me know!

Edited by tchrmom

The DR for MyTime dining is the one on the 5th deck - can't remember the name. The deck 3 & 4 DR's are for regular seating.

Thanks for the info.

Has anyone done mytime dining on Freeedom or any other ship and did you like it?

Judy

I'm going on the western cruise next week and promise to bring home all the current compasses and scan them. Not sure where I'll be able to put them (website) but be sure I will find a way. I have had no luck finding anyone to post current ones. The only ones I have found are a year old.

Really looking forward to seeing these, thanks!

BobKat..............Have a great cruise! I can't wait to see the western compass. We are going in June. Have a great time.......and could you check on the DECT phone situation for me?????????

Have fun! Wear your sunscreen!

Fran

I am traveling with another couple with children and we will check on the DECT phones. I will try to post as soon as we get back!

That would be great. I'm thinking of renting a these phones for my kids.

I just book FOS for April 2010. I know it is a VERY long way off :( but I am still excited. We will be driving to Port Canaveral so does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay the night before the cruise? Thanks

We plan on staying at the Raddison for the 3rd time now.