Carnival Valor - Cabin 8281 - Been there?

#1 Booked mid-ship and from what was remaining we think we're pretty happy with cabin 8281, but I'm kind of a little lost on finding out if there's any obstructions on that level (Verandah) or for that cabin.

#2 Sailing out of Miami so looking for any recommendations for places to stay the night before and maybe even a place to eat / hang out to kill a few hours that isn't too far from the airport or Port. We were going to fly in red-eye the day of the cruise, but too many people are telling me that we're just asking for trouble, so why not be safe.

#3 Any Eastern Carribean must sees? Ideal excursions on St. Thomas / St. Marteen?

Love cruising because it's the only trip I can take where I have nothing to do and no access to the outside world. I won't pay for the internet access or international cell service so I'm cut off, can't be reached, and happy to remain on my balcony for a week...venturing out only for food & an occasional excursion.

Thanks for any help and I love this site and this interesting community of "cruisers".

• 8 years later...

Why is it so hard to find out about a cabin on a ship and if it has an overhang and you are looking at life boats....I have spent all day and can't figure it out and by the looks of it neither have you found any answers......sure hope someone posts something for you!