Hawaii First time french cruisers !

Cariboute

My husband and I will be on the POAM on May 10th 2008 for our honeymoon and we have so much questions concerning the organization of our journey. It is our first cruise and it is not evident to organize it because we’re not very strong at English.

I apologize if the following subjects had already been approached on the earlier posts.

Thus let us begin :

Can we have breakfast every day in our cabin and if yes, is there additional costs to pay ?

We would like to rent a car to Dollar, can anybody say to us until which hour there are shuttles to return to the pier ?

Can we leave the ship quickly in each port of call, is it the same thing to Kona ?

There’s a gala dinner during the cruise, how people dress up exactly ? (I shall like not wearing a long evening dress if everybody wears simple clothes ! :o So if you have photos of these gala dinner please show them to me !:D )

We are so impatient!

My husband and I will be on the POAM on May 10th 2008 for our honeymoon and we have so much questions concerning the organization of our journey. It is our first cruise and it is not evident to organize it because we’re not very strong at English.

I apologize if the following subjects had already been approached on the earlier posts.

Thus let us begin :

Can we have breakfast every day in our cabin and if yes, is there additional costs to pay ?

We would like to rent a car to Dollar, can anybody say to us until which hour there are shuttles to return to the pier ?

Can we leave the ship quickly in each port of call, is it the same thing to Kona ?

There’s a gala dinner during the cruise, how people dress up exactly ? (I shall like not wearing a long evening dress if everybody wears simple clothes ! :o So if you have photos of these gala dinner please show them to me !:D )

We are so impatient!

First of all, congratulations on your marriage and choosing to honeymoon in such a beautiful part of the world. Also, you have done very well with your English - it is 100% better than my French!!!!

I can only comment on 2 of your questions.

You can have your breakfast in your cabin every day although the menu choices are not large. You fill in a card and leave it outside your cabin the evening before. Your tray will be delivered at the time you request and you will get a phone call to say that it is on its way. There is no charge for this service bit it is common to tip the steward $2-5 depending on how much food has been brought.

NCL is a very relaxed cruise line and very few people dress in long dresses and tuxedos. Many ladies, however, do wear pretty dresses/smart trousers and tops and men have a shirt and tie (some wear a jacket too) on the Gala nights.

I hope this helps and that you have a wonderful honeymoon and a long and happy life together.

Best wishes SR

Bon Jour or should I say Aloha! First of all you will get the best answers posting on the Hawaii board ---Click "Boards" then "ports of call" then "hawaii" there are tons of people who know a lot about cruising in hawaii on there, whereas you get all norweigan guests on here going a variety of places. To answer what questions i know, Kona is a tendered port so you get a tender time and then the tender boat takes you on shore (this is the only port with Ncl in hawaii that is tendered), people who reported being downstairs very early got tendered right away but it sounds like it might take longer if you are heading down a bit later with the crowds. In Kona they would advise renting at the King Kam Hotel location since you can walk to there from the boat, no shuttle required. I don't know the shuttle times for other ports but I do know if you go to dollar's website and search by location they list a local number for each location. I know that it will be an expensive call for you but then you will get the correct times for the time of year and day of week you will be there. Hope I've helped some

Thanks to you Cool Cruiser, to phone in US is not a problem for me because it's free, the problem is more to understand what they're going to say to me ;) !

I understand more easily when I read.

I am going to listen to your advice and putting my message on the Hawaii board.

Mahalo again

Archived