Nassau Dive

jtyerspc

I'm going to Nassau via the Carnival Glory next month and was thinking about booking my dives through Carnival rather than going through a local dive shop. Reason being is that we're only in Nassau for 5 hours and It would set me at ease knowing that I will make it back to the boat on time! Does anyone know who Carnival uses for their booked dives? Anyone know if its a "cattle hurder"

Thanks!

Don't know about Carnival, but check Stuart Cove's schedule before you book with the ship. They run a tight operation and unless your schedule is really weird, they will get you picked up and returned the to pier with no difficulty. They have one of the very best dive shops you will find.

Stuart cove is a good dive operator, and has contracts with many cruise lines. If you are on a cruise they pick up and return at different times then normal trips.

I was on NCL Gem and 2 people from one of the carnival ships were waiting with me for the bus to go diving. After all was said and done the bus going back was about 1 hour past when the ship left.

The first bus left too early for them to catch because they weren't off the ship until almost 8am and the second bus picks up at about noon. The dive trip came back at 4:15 and the bus back was at 5:15

I'm going to Nassau via the Carnival Glory next month and was thinking about booking my dives through Carnival rather than going through a local dive shop. Reason being is that we're only in Nassau for 5 hours and It would set me at ease knowing that I will make it back to the boat on time! Does anyone know who Carnival uses for their booked dives? Anyone know if its a "cattle hurder"

Thanks!

Go on your own. The last time I booked thru the ship was my first cruise. To many people and they limit your down time. What was a 30 ft dive was only 30min so they had to come get me after 45 min. The price is cheaper also.

Bob

Remember that the dive center is across the island in Nassau from the cruise terminal. It takes about 45mins to get there and the area for pick up at the cruise terminal is a no stopping zone. If you book yourself and aren't at the pick up when they drive by then you miss your dive.

Also remember that whenever you do a group dive on a boat that goes out 5-7 dives a day the divemasters have to by in a no deco condition.

The last dives in Nassau I did with stuarts on a group dive were 61ft for 45 mins and a shark dive to 37 for 40.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

I just got off the Glory 2 weeks ago. I booked the shore dive through the Ship. It was my DD first dives after her open waters last fall. We dove with the Coki Beach dive Club. It was a nice simple shore dive. 40-45' depth 12 people. Very nice reef, good mix of fish, soft corals, sponges and the largest Feather dusters I have ever seen 7-8" across.

Archived