Finding independent tour operators

FoggyEthan

I'm on the Emerald Princess in two days -- it's a very last minute booking, and I didn't have a chance to see Princess's tour choices, which may be for the best since I don't like large slow groups.

I'm looking for advice on how to find and select independent tour operators on the islands who know how to work with the cruise lines' schedules. I did this once before on Antigua and was very successful. But I'm stunned that all these years later there are no sites with lists of tour operators and reviews, just like there are reviews for hotels and restaurants and such. Am I missing them?

In particular I'm interested in extended trips, particularly ones that include walking / hiking / "eco-tours". I like to put my feet to dirt and walk in scenic countryside. The cruise lines tend to have very limited selections like this in their own tours.

In particular I'll be at:

St. Thomas

St. Kitts

Barbados

St. Lucia

Antigua

I'll also be at the Princess Cays, but that seems like a day of forced idleness.

Archived