CS and Atlantis tickets

suzimack

I just read on another site that a family booked on the choice hotel site for the Comfort Suites in order to access Atlantis. On the site they registered as 2 adults and 2 children(the site indicates that children are 18 and under)..when they got to the desk they made them pay an add'' $40 for the kids who were 13 and 16. What is up with that? I register my two girls(both 18) as children. I got the $179 room which I thought was good. Anyone else have this experience? susan

The hotel charges 16 yr olds as adults - another $40 bucks.:eek:

"Must have one adult 21 years or older in each room. Children under 12 stay free if sharing room with parents. Children 16 or older charged as adults.Max 4 persons/room. Energy Surcharge: 6.00/night/person (for all persons 16 and older) Housekeeping gratuity 4.00/night/person (for all persons 12 & older)".

It seems like that must have been the energy and housekeeping surcharges for all four of them. That's always an adder up an above the quoted rate on the website that you'll be charged at check-in and it's $10/pp per day (although the 13 yr old shouldn't have been charged the $6 energy surcharge).

I just booked this today thru AAA. The travel agent advised me of the $6 and $4 additional charges. It will come to $20 additional at check in for me and hubby, the kids are 8 and 6 years old so it doesn't apply to them.

BTW, my AAA pricing for the room for mid August was $157.50 + tax = $176.40 ! Great savings over the ships excursion price.

Have fun!

Archived