Best way to book Disney cruise

vacamom

What is the best way to book a Disney cruise? Is it best to go directly through Disney with or without air? Will we find cheaper options going through online sites? Do prices increase/decrease as you get closer? Do Disney cruises sell out early. I know I have a lot of questions. This will be our first Disney cruise and we want to do it right. Thanks in advance for any help.

What is the best way to book a Disney cruise? Is it best to go directly through Disney with or without air? Will we find cheaper options going through online sites? Do prices increase/decrease as you get closer? Do Disney cruises sell out early. I know I have a lot of questions. This will be our first Disney cruise and we want to do it right. Thanks in advance for any help.

First and foremost, book early. Disney sells out many of its cruises, so Disney prices usually go up, not down. Booking early can save you thousands of dollars.

The way to get the absolute best price is to find a travel agent who has bought a block of staterooms on a particular cruise. That is the only way you will actually pay a lower price for the cruise itself. Otherwise, booking through a travel agency will typically get you more onboard credit than Disney offers. Finding a deal on a Disney cruise can take a lot of work and searching online, but there are some deals to be had. Just spend some time looking online and talking to others, and you will be able to find something, I am sure.

You are definitely going to save money booking your own airfare rather than booking through Disney.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you have them. Most of us enjoy answering them.

Oops-- my mistake. Anyway, there are several really good "Authorized Disney Travel Planners". People mention them by name on many of the other Disney related forums. They all have competitive pricing. I am not a travel agent just a Disney vacation fanatic.

Try clicking on one of these ads placed here on Cruise Critic by these wonderful travel agents. They are paying for you to enjoy Cruise Critic for free so that would be the first place that I'd go.

We have booked direct with Disney and had no hitches. The next two cruises in line I booked through my airline of Choice (Alaskan) and rec'd 20,000 frequent flyer miles.

My experience with travel agents is that their pricing is usually the same as direct w/ Disney. Though they sometimes can score a better shipboard credit. I dont think the extra 25 bucks in shipboard credit is worth the hassle of having to wait for my documents to come from the TA instead of direct from Disney.

Archived