Carnival Exchange Rate for 2008

sunflower1972

Hoping someone can help me:) Been a few years since our last cruise, and it was on a Princess ship. Can someone tell me what this years exchange rate is for Carnival from US to Canadian money. I remember when we went it was set in advance for the year and it was higher then the actual current exchange.

Does Carnival offer the choice on your Sign and Sign card to NOT have it changed into CND currency? Princess had this and it saved us a bundle just leaving it in US currency and just paying our bank/credit card exchange rate.

Hope this makes sence....trying to help my bro in planning his first cruise and just remembered this:)

Thanks for your reply:) I was curious as on Princess if you used a Canadian Credit card then Princess did the convertion from US$ to CND$ unless you marked off a little line asking them NOT to. The cruise line at the time was charging a much higher conversion rate then the credit card/bank was:) By ticking off the line to NOT to convert, and just leave the charges in US funds it saved money on the exchange.

Thanks again!

Archived