Cozumel Time Difference

kel24

I tried posting this on the Cozumel board, but had no response...

I heard that there is an hour time difference between Cozumel time and ship time. Can anyone explain this to me? Why wouldn't the ship just tell you to change your watch like it normally does??

It's true--at least it was last week. We set our EDT clocks back one hour after sailing (equal to CDT). That became the "ship's time." When we docked in Cozumel, it was an hour earlier than ship time there. We had to be back on board at 3:30 ship time (2:30 in Cozumel.)

#1 Live by ship time, the Captain can do any darn thing he wants. So go with the flow!

#2 If you are trying to book something direct on Cozumel, just advise you tour what ship you are on THEY make their living based on coordinating with cruise ship passengers.

#3 Don't let it worry you, you will be on a cruise. Worry about stuff when you get home, worry not about things on your cruise.

I just returned from the Freedom of the Seas so I can explain how that ship works. I have no idea how the other ships handle the time change.When we arrived in port Cozumel it was 10:00 ship time. It was 8:00 Cozumel time. All the shops were open all taxis waiting. They are open when ever the ships are in port. Now if you book a tour thru the ship you just stay on the ship time. Ship booked tours will always get you to and from the ship on time. Guaranteed! But if you book a tour on your own (like I did)you must change to Cozumel time. I had booked a swim with the dolphin tour it was for 1pm and that was 3 pm ship time. I was a little nervous because it was running a little late. We had to really hurry to scoot back to the ship for a 6:00 boarding time. Another reminder, if you are on your own don't wait to the last minute to return to the ship. Traffic was terrible,plus lines to board were long.

It's true--at least it was last week. We set our EDT clocks back one hour after sailing (equal to CDT). That became the "ship's time." When we docked in Cozumel, it was an hour earlier than ship time there. We had to be back on board at 3:30 ship time (2:30 in Cozumel.)

Edit: nevermind I misread your post.

Archived