Stuff to do in port on the Destiny...Help!?

PreciousJewel

:D

So I'm a planner, and I'm visiting several boards and reading reviews and trying to come up with an extensive list of stuff to do while in port for my family's cruise in August. Last year we had a group of 27 people and we're going to have a rather large group this year as well. I just want to put together something with a ton of info on what to do so that it can make it easier for those of us that aren't "planners". This is a very port-intensive cruise so I don't want folks to spend half the day trying to figure out what to do/where to go when they can be out doing it!;)

Here's where ya'll come in! Can you guys help me? I'm going to post what I have so far, if you can add suggestions, that would be fabulous!

Sunday-Depart from San Juan @ 10pm

Monday-St Thomas 7a-5p

*Magen’s Bay (this is where we went last time)

*Sunny Liston Tour (Shopping, island tour, beach time)

*Sapphire Beach (rent snorkel & beach equipment and water toys, has a snack bar, there are iguanas in the trees and sometimes they walk up on the beach, there’s a snack bar…you can jetski and other watersports at the marina around the corner)

*Shopping- St Thomas has great jewelry, fabric, liquor

Tuesday- Dominica 10a-6p

*Tour with Beno or Reyno Tours

Places to see

Trafalgar Falls

Titou George (there is some hiking involved in this tour)

Emerald Pool

Wednesday- Barbados 8a-5p

*Glory Tours?

*The Boatyard- It’s 10 minutes or so from the pier, $12 per person to enter which includes chair/umbrella rental, water trampolines, there are jetskis, a bar, live music, a restaurant.

*Lobster Alive- Right nextdoor to boatyard, free to enter, $5 each for chair/umbrella

Thursday- St. Lucia 8a-5p

*Reduit Beach- About 15 minutes from pier. A ton of restaurants near here

*Choc Bay Beach- Close to pier, a few restaurants and watersports

Friday- Antigua 8a-4p

*Darkwood Beach- About 25-30 minutes from pier, you can take a cab for $8 per person or hop on the bus which is $1.50. You can snorkel, there is electric blue water and a little food hut

*Jolly Beach

*Dickenson Beach- Kinda close to pier, has watersports, restaurants and very scenic

Saturday- St. Kitts 7a-4p

Sunday- Return to San Juan @ 7am

Hi Peejay,

We are doing the Destiny on August 17th and although there is only 2 of us, here is what we are doing:

St. Thomas - Going to Red Hook & taking ferry to St. John's - Trunk Bay Beach

Dominica - Booking tour with Levi Baron, Bumpiing Tours

Barbados - Sail/Snorkel with Sea Turtles - either with Silver Moon or Cool Runnings- haven't decided which one yet.

St. Lucia - Booked tour with Cosol Tours

Antigua - Day Pass at Grand Pineapple Beach Resort

St. Kitts - Fan-Ta-Sea tour through Carnival.

A very good friend of mine has done this itinerary several times and he suggested most if not all of the above. Said we will have a fabulous time!! I can't wait!! Have a great time!

Looks good so far - that's a lot of people to plan for :eek: Here's what we have done:

St. Thomas - 1st time four of us took a quick tour with Donovan - saw the sights, took great pictures, up to MountainTop for banana daquiri then to Coki Beach - AWESOME snorkeling. Last trip walked to tram and took it up to Paradise Point - more great pictures, bushwacker then cab to Sapphire Beach. The day we were there the snorkeling was not good at all. Nice beach but too rough and cloudy for snorkeling.

Dominica - we toured with Beno, did the falls and pool in one day - too much. Maybe try river tubing next time.

Barbados - SilverMoon both times - can't say enough about them. Went to the Boatyard afterwards.

St. Lucia - see this by water if you can. Last time rented a fishing charter boat from Hackshaws and had a BLAST!!! We had the whole boat to ourselves so we could do what we wanted. Fished a little, saw dolphin, whale - snorkeled a little, did some sightseeing.

Antigua - went to Darkwood - again too rough and cloudy for snorkeling but nice beach.

St. Kitts - on my list to see:)

Have fun planning - I'm the planner in our group and I LOVE it. That's half the fun of going in my opinion!

My plan for now is

St Thomas...Go over to St Johns and check out Trunk Bay

Dominica....Canopy challenge ship excursion

Antigua...Might make it a resort day. Jolly, Pineapple

Barbados..I have done SilverMoon 2x, and really thinking about doing it again, but will probably just do a cheap island tour in the morning and then head over to Lobster Alive and Boatyard. http://www.theboatyard.com/

St Lucia..Cosol Tours http://www.cosol-tours.com/

St Kitts..I love trains so will probably do the scenic rail tour or Thenford Grey tours

Thanks folks!!!

I'm not actually booking these tours and excursions myself *faint* that would be a madhouse. :p I'm just gathering some suggestions based on the demographics of our group and the types of stuff we've done in the past, lol. I thought it would be nice to send out something maybe a month or so before the cruise with 5-7 suggestions for things to do in each port and let everyone choose or find something on their own.

I forgot about going to St. John Maureen. Last year, we just did some shopping near the pier and downtown and then hopped a "private" taxi to Magen's Bay.

Thanks so much for these suggestions so far! I hope more people respond.

Just a "heads up"....you might want to send out your suggestions a little earlier than just a month before you go. Don't know how true this is but we have been told that a lot of the tours fill up fast way in advance so you may not get what you want if you wait too long. We will probably be finalizing ours within the next month or so. I know its hard with a large group but if there is something that you really really want to do - book it early!!! Have fun!!!!

Archived