Pearl Harbor lockers?

familyof3

I read that Pearl Harbor does not allow any kind of purses/backpacks/camera bags. Are there lockers available? Has anyone used them? Do they appear to be secure? Does the USS Missouri have the same policy?

I think a locker would be better than leaving items in the car in the parking lot, but I need another opinion.

Thanks!

From the National Park Service website about the USS Arizona National Memorial:

"A storage container is now available for visitors at the USS Arizona Memorial, USS Bowfin Submarine Park and USS Missouri. Strict security measures prohibit purses, handbags, fanny packs, backpacks, camera bags, diaper bags, luggage and/or other items that offer concealment in these areas. The storage container will provide visitors with a storage alternative for their belongings during their park visit. The adjacent USS Bowfin Memorial Park will operate the storage container. Items accepted will be carry-on size or smaller (30”H x 30”W x 18”D). The fee is $2.00 per item. Large luggage will not be accepted."

I'd trust a park ranger to watch my bag ... :)

Spleen

The Bowfin is right next to the Arizona Memorial park service building - I mean, really, right next door. Less than 50 feet away. No problems dropping by there to give up your bags before going to the Memorial.

Spleen

The storage facility is a portable type open building with about 3 employees operating it. They will hold your belongings and tag it and then a duplicate tag is given to you to claim it when your ready. It is located directly on the parking lot of the Memorial. I wasn't too worried about placing things in the trunk of my car at the Memorial as the employees running the storage facility is right there and could see is someone was breaking into cars in the parking lot. Though we are not suggesting you store things in your car. We did and didn't have a problem.

Just walk across the parking lot from the Memorial to the Bowfin submarine. You can see it from the parking lot and the courtyard are of the Memorial. The shuttle to the USS Missouri is also located there. You can buy the shuttle tickets at the same window you buy the entrance tickets to the Bowfin Sub.

Archived