Solstice Class - Hump or Aft - The Saga Continues!

Lady_Gamecock

** NUDGE X BOARD ** (wakies, wakies) :p

I hate to bump this, but I'm really interested in people's opinions on the matter.

Should I "upgrade" our stateroom to an AFT or stay in the HUMP. Having never stayed in either, I'm not quite sure what I might be missing in either class.

Thanks tons!

Lady_G

It's hard to say since there seems to be some debate as to whether the aft cabins are as large as on some other ships. We've never stayed in an aft (have one booked for the Eurodam), and we have (I think) a hump cabin on Solstice.

If the afts on the Solstice class are as nice as some of the other aft cabins I've seen, I'd say go for it.

From my experiences on the M class of X's fleet, I'd say go for the aft, SV class. I assume they are charging a minor premium for the cabins as they have the wonderful view of the wake, are an amazing place to have sailaway parties, and (on the M class) have amazingly deep balconies that are well worth the money if you like some private outdoor space to stretch out in.

From the pictures that have been posted of the model (I think in the Solstice Promenade thread) it appears X has continued the trend in having the aft cabins have nice spacious balconies.

On top of that, if you travel with friends or get to know your neighbors, opening up balconies on the aft will be a great space between two or three cabins!

I will say I've never stayed on the "hump" but absolutely positively love the aft cabins. We're booked in an SV for our October Equinox cruise. :D

Archived