Any experience with Splendor programs?

RadFamily

We are booked on the 2 July sailing of Carnival SPlendor out of Genoa. We are traveling with our 6y/o son and 2y/o son. We are thrilled that Camp Carnival has a program for our 2y/o! It will allow DH and I to have a dinner (or 2;) ) without picking things up off the floor! LOL!! Does anyone have any experience with the Camp Carnival program for the little ones? Also, has anyone sailed the Splendor recently who can share their photos? My older DS is interested in knowing what the pool is like. Thanks in advance for your input!!

OK. So i'm completely out of touch! I was just notified in another thread that my sailing is the FIRST sailing of the Splendor! Sorry about that folks! But if anyone has any input on their experience with Camp Carnival for the toddler set, I would appreciate hearing!

Hi! I do believe you are booked on the first, or one of the first, cruises for the Splendor, which is being built now. So, the only pictures available at the moment are artist's renderings. If you want to know more about the ship, there is info on Carnival's website (Carnival.com) and you also might like to check out John Heald's blog (link on the Carnival website). He will be the cruise director on the Splendor and he is currently in Europe setting up the shore excursions for the Splendor this summer.

Not sure about the pool, as the Splendor is a new class of ship for Carnival. To get a really good idea of the layout though you might want to look at the new Costa ships, as they are sisters to the design of the Splendor.

As for Camp Carnival, our kids were 2 and 6 for our first cruise. It was a definite success. They loved Camp Carnival. You might want to check out the Carnival Freedom camp schedules from last summer for a sense of how Camp plays out on a European cruise. We found it was exactly like any other cruise. We sailed in April, so there were only about 30 kids under 18, but ours had a great time.

If you have any specific questions about Camp, I'll do my best to answer them!:)

Archived