Have you ever been to the Flamingo Bay Yacht Club in Freeport

luvmygirlz

Hi LuvMyGirlz - I saw your request for Fascination review and am answering you on your latest post - I traveled me and DH as 1st time cruisers 10/06, than took our two girls ages 7 and 9 (turned 10 during cruise) this past October 2007. I would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have. I see several questions have been answered already, but I can elaborate. Bottom line, my girls loved cruising. Asked if they would rather go cruising again or go to Disney or Universal, they pick cruising again. You can buy a build-a bear kit before you go and suprise your DD with it on board. My girls wanted to spend every waking minute at Camp Carnival. Going when kids are normally in school will insure the counselors aren't overwhelmed. There was 10 or less kids in each group every day. How old are your girls?

Magnum_Mama

Hi LuvMyGirlz - I saw your request for Fascination review and am answering you on your latest post - I traveled me and DH as 1st time cruisers 10/06, than took our two girls ages 7 and 9 (turned 10 during cruise) this past October 2007. I would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have. I see several questions have been answered already, but I can elaborate. Bottom line, my girls loved cruising. Asked if they would rather go cruising again or go to Disney or Universal, they pick cruising again. You can buy a build-a bear kit before you go and suprise your DD with it on board. My girls wanted to spend every waking minute at Camp Carnival. Going when kids are normally in school will insure the counselors aren't overwhelmed. There was 10 or less kids in each group every day. How old are your girls?

Magnum_Mama

Thanks Magnum Mama!

My girls are 9 and just turned 13. This will be their 3rd and my DH and my 4th cruise. I guess you could say we are all hooked! We have been going in October when the rates are a little cheaper and the girls usually have a long weekend from school. We have always sailed RCI and have been happy, but the Fascination is moving to Jax and we are only about an 1 1/2 from the port, so we thought we would give it a try.

We have taken the girls on the Sovereign of the Seas and the Enchantment. They liked the SOS better. My husband and I sailed our first cruise 2 years ago by ourselves and loved the Enchantment then, but not as much with the girls. My oldest is (in her opinion) is too old for the Adventure ocean, and too young (in my opinion) for the teen club, which goes from 12 to 17!!!

Anyway, I had read on Carnivals site some of the things to do on the Fascination and it looks like they have a lot to do for the entire family. I had always heard that Carnival was more of a party ship. So, I was just trying to find out from others who had actually been on the ship what it was like.

Are you in FL? When are you planning on sailing again?

Michell

Hi Michell,

Carnival has a new "C" club for young teens ages 12-14. There is more info at Carnivals' website. We haven't booked yet, but are looking at the same time frame as you - October to early November when the rates are lower. We do live in Florida in Palm Beach County. Are you in FL or GA? I am looking to book on Fascinations' sister ship the Imagination out of Miami or even the Inspiration out of Tampa.

Dorothy

Hi Michell,

Carnival has a new "C" club for young teens ages 12-14. There is more info at Carnivals' website. We haven't booked yet, but are looking at the same time frame as you - October to early November when the rates are lower. We do live in Florida in Palm Beach County. Are you in FL or GA? I am looking to book on Fascinations' sister ship the Imagination out of Miami or even the Inspiration out of Tampa.

Dorothy

We are in Florida....around Gainesville.

We are far from Jax - West Palm Beach area, so we probably would not leave from that port. We are probably going earlier in October. I am still stalking the sites for good deals. Let me know if you have any questions. You can ask me anything about the ship.

Archived