Inspiration April 7-12 Any questions?

cghathaway

Yes. I do have a question please...have the propulsion problems that plagued the ship a couple of weeks ago been resolved? I am leaving on the 4 day on 4/17 and have been unable to obtain an answer. There are postings on these boards from passengers that returned on 4/3 stating that they missed Grand Cayman due to a medical evacuation and engine problems.

Did you do a beach excursion in Cozumel?

Do you know if they have "Build a Bear" on the Carnival Inspiration.

Thank you.

Linda

We are booked for October..

So how was getting to GC?? Did the tendering start by 7:00 am and did it go quick enough too book an outside vendor like Capt Marvin's 8:30 stingray trip?

Were you only there till 2pm???

How were the pool areas on your days at sea??? Super crowded or were you able to get chairs??? We don't have too be right by the pool!

How about the new waterworks??? DD (10) is very excited about it. You guys probably had lots of kids with Spring break!!

Thanks,

Michelle

Yes. I do have a question please...have the propulsion problems that plagued the ship a couple of weeks ago been resolved? I am leaving on the 4 day on 4/17 and have been unable to obtain an answer. There are postings on these boards from passengers that returned on 4/3 stating that they missed Grand Cayman due to a medical evacuation and engine problems.

Did you do a beach excursion in Cozumel?

Do you know if they have "Build a Bear" on the Carnival Inspition

The boat still hax propulsion problems. We were delayed into Grand Cayman by 1 hour and into Cozumel by 1.5 hours. Both worked out for us. The new time was actually better because both ports are on Central time.

Yes, they have a version of "Build a Bear" on board.

Have a GREAT time...it is hard not to.

So how was getting to GC?? Did the tendering start by 7:00 am and did it go quick enough too book an outside vendor like Capt Marvin's 8:30 stingray trip?

Were you only there till 2pm???

How were the pool areas on your days at sea??? Super crowded or were you able to get chairs??? We don't have too be right by the pool!

How about the new waterworks??? DD (10) is very excited about it. You guys probably had lots of kids with Spring break!!

Our ship was delayed an hour getting into port due to propulsion problems. Apparently it has been an issue in other '08 cruises on the Inspiration.

The tenders were slow but a necessary evil. Be in line first.

We missed our booking with Nativeway Water Sports but was helped to book another excursion right at the pier. We were taken by a private boat to swim with the stingrays and see the star fish by "Big Chris"!! It was so private!! You can contact him at 345-927-8534. $40 per person. We had plenty of time to get back to the boat.

At sea days were great. People do save chairs...I wish they had a one hour policy like many nice hotels have...Anyway...

We were able to get chairs on the sports deck looking over the pool which we actually preferred to be out of the noise. We loved the band but it was hard to talk to each other because they were loud. From our seats we could see the activities on the stage...

The Waterworks is GREAT!! My kids rode the slides for hours.

We did have lots of kids...which were never a problem. They were in the hot tubs just as these posts have mentioned.

There were lots of teens...CCL says there is a drinking age but...I think my 12 year old could have gotten a drink. All the behaviors were in good taste...I can't say that for Senor Frogs in Cozumel. My 12 year old boy got quite an eye full when we met my DH and older son there.

You will have a BLAST!!

Don't forget the sunscreen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully they will have that problem fixed by October???

I may book the Carnival Stingray/rum point excursion for GC this time. Still I will keep that name and # in mind. We always love doing our own trips on the Islands.

We like the decks above the pools too. So we should be fine.

Sounds wonderful!! I can not wait!!!

Thanks for answering my questions.

Michelle

We are just home from our 1st cruise...all 6 of us. My DH, DS - 17, 12, 8 and DD 10. Grand Cayman, Cozumel...What a blast!! Cabin V20 and V24!!

Any questions?

Did they adjust the departure time from Cozumel due to the late arrival?

Did you go any beach excursion in Cozumel?

Thank you!

Archived