Atlantis HELP

Befree

last time I was there (2 yrs ago) you could not even walk around the pool area w/o getting chased out. We did eat at the outdoor gazebo type restaurant (sorry, do not remember the name) but access to that was gained thru the hotel and you could not reach the pool area from there. Wristbands must be worn to be around the pool area, and the "dig" is pricey. We were staying at the hotel next door a few years ago (about 6) and was able to walk along the water over to the Atlantis, but I understand now that is blocked off as well. There is one small section of the aquarium you can view without taking the tour, but it is really not all that much, so a trip to Atlantis (either by bus, walking or water taxi) would not, in my opinion, be worth the trip unless you did the tour thing.

• 2 years later...

We are a family of six cruising on Carnival Miracle in August. Does anyone know the most cost efficient way to use Atlantis amenities for the day. I know we could book rooms at Comfort Inn but the rooms only go up to 4 people so we'd need two rooms and then the price is the same as going through cruise line. HELP!

last time I was there (2 yrs ago) you could not even walk around the pool area w/o getting chased out. We did eat at the outdoor gazebo type restaurant (sorry, do not remember the name) but access to that was gained thru the hotel and you could not reach the pool area from there. Wristbands must be worn to be around the pool area, and the "dig" is pricey. We were staying at the hotel next door a few years ago (about 6) and was able to walk along the water over to the Atlantis, but I understand now that is blocked off as well. There is one small section of the aquarium you can view without taking the tour, but it is really not all that much, so a trip to Atlantis (either by bus, walking or water taxi) would not, in my opinion, be worth the trip unless you did the tour thing.

If you booked the Discover Atlantis tour through the cruiseline, which would give you transportation and a tour of Atlantis' aquarium, could you then purchase tickets once you get to Atlantis for other things? Such as waterpark or beach?

If you booked the Discover Atlantis tour through the cruiseline, which would give you transportation and a tour of Atlantis' aquarium, could you then purchase tickets once you get to Atlantis for other things? Such as waterpark or beach?

When we went last year , they said you could get water park tickets but there would be a limited amount sold. I checked to see how many cruise ships would be there that day ( I think there were 3 other ships) , and I was afraid we would not get tickets. We actually booked the comfort inn and found it worked the best for our family of 4. I have already booked the hotel for our August cruise this year on the Miracle.

Carnival had a bus from and to the hotel for people who take the package. I believe it runs until 5:30, after that you have to get back to the ship by taxi you pay for yourself.Information is under excursions.

We are a family of six cruising on Carnival Miracle in August. Does anyone know the most cost efficient way to use Atlantis amenities for the day. I know we could book rooms at Comfort Inn but the rooms only go up to 4 people so we'd need two rooms and then the price is the same as going through cruise line. HELP!

I don't know what the Comfort Suites rate is but if it works out the same as going through the cruise line for your group, you may want to try Majestic Tours. They charge the same rate as Atlantis does for their day passes, and it is cheaper than what the cruise line will charge you. You'd be responsible for your own transportation, though, which would be $3 pp or $4 pp each way depending on whether you took a water taxi or a regular taxi.

Archived