Suggestions for Non rocky beach in Bonaire

sdel65

Hi

I'm travelling with two kids ( 12 and 5 yrs old).

I'm hearing about a couple of beaches in Bonaire but I can't seem to find what would be the best beach for my kids.

I would like to avoid the rocky part if I can and just have nice sand and calm clean water with no rocks or stones.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

Two beaches that come to mind are Windsock and Pink Beach. Both are south of town. I would suggest getting some "water booties" as most beach entries have submerged rocks (ironstone). Across the island is Lac Bay, which also has a nice beach. However, this is the windy side and home to the windsurfing crowd (i.e., high sailboard traffic).

But if you are only there for a day then perhaps one of the beaches at the hotels would be suitable.

These links may be of some help:

http://www.bonaire-travelguide.com/beaches/

http://www.infobonaire.com/

Hi

I'm hearing about a couple of beaches in Bonaire but I can't seem to find what would be the best beach for my kids.

I would like to avoid the rocky part if I can and just have nice sand and calm clean water with no rocks or stones.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

Im trying to think of the name of the hotel but its basically the one right near the port..within walking distance...I think you can book it as a shore excursion or just pay as you go....

Anyway....IT SUCKS...stay away from it...the pictures are really deceiving...beach looks nice and snorkelling was good but thats about it...really rocky and hard to get into water especially for elderly or kids...

Hi

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

Pink beach but you will still need water shoe to get to the beach.

Bob

Im trying to think of the name of the hotel but its basically the one right near the port..within walking distance...I think you can book it as a shore excursion or just pay as you go....

Anyway....IT SUCKS...stay away from it...the pictures are really deceiving...beach looks nice and snorkelling was good but thats about it...really rocky and hard to get into water especially for elderly or kids...

Was it the Divi Flamingo? It has been a number of years since I was there & it was undergoing a renovation at the time.

• 1 month later...

Divi Flamingo is right next to the pier, an easy walk with kids, and has a pool and sandy beach with quiet swimming area. I think you might need to purchase a day pass. I found Pink Beach and Windsock both pretty rocky, though with patches of sand on the beach, definitely not Aruba or Maui type beaches. It is because of the lack of sandy beaches that Bonaire has such clear waters and spectacular diving.

Archived