More Sea Glass Questions

sunhoney64

I have been trying to filter through the posts but cant find what I want to know. We will be docked at the West End, on a Sunday at the Navy Dockyard. I hear that Alexandra Park is the best for Sea Glass. How is the best way to get there, bus or ferry? How long will it take? Is there another place closer to the ship that we can get Sea Glass? Thanks.

Take the Ferry to St. George and then walk to the beach to get your sea glass.

Here is a very detailed review of our cruise to Bermuda. We were there for a week. We stopped in Hamilton and St. George. Hints and tips about the ship, island transportation, beaches, caves, forts and sea glass. http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/bermuda.html

I have been trying to filter through the posts but cant find what I want to know. We will be docked at the West End, on a Sunday at the Navy Dockyard. I hear that Alexandra Park is the best for Sea Glass. How is the best way to get there, bus or ferry? How long will it take? Is there another place closer to the ship that we can get Sea Glass? Thanks.

Yes, there is a place closer to Dockyard. Take the bus heading toward Hamilton and ask the driver to let you off close to the Royal Naval Cemetary, also tell him you are looking for the sea glass beach. You'll see clusters of blue and green houses. You need to walk behind the last ones, where you'll find steps that lead to the beach. It looks private but it's not. Take some baggies with you to carry your treasures.:)

Yes, there is a place closer to Dockyard. Take the bus heading toward Hamilton and ask the driver to let you off close to the Royal Naval Cemetary, also tell him you are looking for the sea glass beach. You'll see clusters of blue and green houses. You need to walk behind the last ones, where you'll find steps that lead to the beach. It looks private but it's not. Take some baggies with you to carry your treasures.:)

In the thread "Help, I need suggestions quick", I gave detailed instructions as to how to find this beach. It is called glass bottle beach by the locals. There are thousands of pieces there. Have fun:)

In the thread "Help, I need suggestions quick", I gave detailed instructions as to how to find this beach. It is called glass bottle beach by the locals. There are thousands of pieces there. Have fun:)

Hi Writer at Sea. My husband and I sailed with you and Ruth on the Majesty last year. We are going on the Drearm on June 1. Would love to go again in the fall but not sure we will be able to do that. This trip I want to make it a point to get some sea glass! 5 land vacations and 10 cruises we have never been there. I will be sure to check out your instuctions as to how to find this beach.

Hi Writer at Sea. My husband and I sailed with you and Ruth on the Majesty last year. We are going on the Drearm on June 1. Would love to go again in the fall but not sure we will be able to do that. This trip I want to make it a point to get some sea glass! 5 land vacations and 10 cruises we have never been there. I will be sure to check out your instuctions as to how to find this beach.

Hi Cruiserssandr, lovely to hear from you and your nice husband again. We enjoyed meeting you on the ship and at the meet and greet.

Follow my directions to the sea glass beach and you will be well rewarded. In additon they used the sea glass in the patio below and the walls and stairs so the effect is quite striking. We both thought it was a remarkable experience just looking at the creativity shown in building the walls and stairs with the sea glass. You will find more than you can possibly carry, so bring a nice, stury canvas bag for your treasures.

We also ate at the Carriage House last year on the dine ashore program and it was everything you told us it would be. It was excellent and the vouchers covered all the cost of the meals and the tips. We only had to pay $20 towards drinks. We are going again on Oct 5 on the Dream as the Majesty unfortunately is unavailable. Perhaps you can find time in your schedule to join us again.

We are also going to fly to Bermuda on May 17 and stay in a cottage for a "different" experience. If there are any questions that you need to update before your trip, let us know and we will find out the answers for you. We will be in Bermuda for 8 days, including Bermuda Day. It should be fun.

Edward and Ruth:)

Archived