Emerald Princess cabin question

kguth125

I have just booked two side by side balconey cabins on the Emerald Princess. The cabins I go are C708 and C710. We love being able to move between the cabins when the door between the balconies is opened. This leads to my question. On our last cruise on the Golden, we had C709 and C707. Mirror rooms, opposite sides of the ship for the cruise we have just booked. On the Golden, there is a drain pipe that will not allow the balconey door between C707 and C709 to be opened. I was told it was the same way between C708 and C710 on the Golden. At last the question! Does anyone know if the balconey door will open between C708 and C710 on the Emerald Princess? Thanks in advance for your help.

KG in Tennessee

While I haven’t stayed in either one of those staterooms on the Emerald I believe the drain pipes that come down from the Baja Deck through the Caribe Deck balconies continuing on to the Dolphin deck pass at a point that still allows the balcony connecting doors to open. We were in C430 in March and although there was a drain pipe we could open our door. The only thing we could not do was latch it (the Emerald has hooks on the divider walls to latch the door open) since the pipe was in the way and it would not fold flat against the divider.

To make absolutely certain you might try calling Princess and asking them. In fact I would recommend you call 3 times and believe the answer you get twice. ;)

• 1 month later...
Did a search for our cabin on the Emerald and found that someone, Larsen, had the exact one we have - c430 on Caribe. What can you tell me about the cabin?

We very much liked the midship location with easy access to midship lifts and And no there was no extra noise. If you have sailed Princess before you will find no surprises. More than sufficient storage, small shower, extra large balcony with 1/2 covered and 1/2 uncovered. The Emerald does have the new up-graded bedding and the new flat screen TVs.

Did you have any specific questions? We did like the location so much we booked the same cabin for next year.

Barb

No specific questions - Just a first time cruiser and wondering how we did with cabin choice. I have wondered if there were any problems with vents, view obstruction, other noise, etc. Thanks for the info! Sounds like we did OK.

Archived