Princess Connoiseur Voyage

NYLady

I am so interested in this trip and I'm thinking it is just right for DH and me. I heard from Princess that in 2009 it will be on Pacific Princess (instead of Tahitian Princess), but still one of the smaller ships, which I find preferable. Can anyone confirm (or contest) that this would be a wonderful trip?

The idea of lots and lots of people getting off a cruise of 7 days to go to Denali just doesn't set right with me and this 14 day all-cruise voyage sounds just right. What do you think?

Does it sell out quickly? I haven't liked the down payments, so far but I don't want to wait until it is fully booked either. I don't see it listed this year as a discounted trip, so I'm thinking it gets fully sold out early...any knowledge about this aspect?

We are taking this cruise in June. We signed up late, and there are still some open cabins on our sailing. We are benifited from one price reduction, and the fare we are paying for this year is considerably less than the advertised fare for next summer.

Note that the itinerary has changed for next year, and this cruise will now sail RT out of Seattle rather than Vancouver. They also eliminated the Sitka port stop and substituted Icy Straight Point.

We are excited about the chance to see some less-visited areas such as Valdez and Kodiak; I am also looking forward to the bird and wildlife spotting opportunities on our sea day between Kodiak and Juneau (different species far out in the Gulf of Alaska). it certainly is a great option if you have the time, and are not interested in a land tour of AK.

We booked the Sept. 3rd, 2009 cruise. We are interested in Kodiak and Valdez, plus the leisure of unpacking only once. we did a 17 day last year, with a lot of moving around on our own. enjoyed it, but will also enjoy the 14 days.

Archived