Review - Ultimate Balcony Dinner

fig414

It was truly an incredible experience....I'll try to attach photos at the end. The service and the food was outstanding. 2 waiters come up to the cabin about 20 mins before dinnertime and set up everything and go over your order. At 6:30 they came in and served us our drinks (one each) and our canapes. We relaxed on our couch in our mini-suite and enjoyed the canapes. Our waiter told us what was what and we started eating. You must leave plenty of room in your stomach as the portions are huge. The waiter stands just outside and observes while you eat. We finished and went out to the balcony and Alfredo opened our split of Moet. We got 2 glasses each which was nice. The crab cake app was next and was great. Next came a great salad (huge). We ordered Surf and Turf for dinner. You can have Filet Mignon, Twin Lobster Tails, or Surf and Turf. 2 huge tails and a big Filet were served. I don't know big the individual portions would be but these were more than enough. A very nice dessert of 4 mousses and a chocolate thingy was then served with you coffee. Sometime early in the dinner a photogropher comes up and takes a bunch of shots and she picks one out she thinks is the best and it is delivered later that night. All this is included in the $100. 2 drinks, canapes, Half bottle of Moet, Crab cake app, salad, dinner, dessert, coffee and the pic.

Sitting on our balcony for an hour and a half enjoying a truly peaceful and relaxing culinary feast will be remembered for a long time. That just sounded like some hokey ad didn't it? It was that great....

Just tried to upload pics but they are too big. Sorry....

A couple of questions: Did you tip your waiters additional? Do you think a regular balcony would be big enough to do this? Were you at sea or still in port? If you were at sea, was the breeze an issue? Thanks for all the info!

Murphey

We did tip the waiter and his helper (little less). The balcony size should not be an issue. We had Dolphin balcony and the Caribe deck balconies are bigger and I'm not sure how small the smallest balcony is. As long as the big table and the 2 big chairs fit it should be OK I think. We did it a sea day but since the ship left port at 5 or 6 I'm not sure it matters. It was so warm that the breeze was wonderful.

Great Review.

Everyone should do this, but you can also do room service on other nights if you wish for no extra charge. If you're tired from a great day on shore, or your spouse is looking great and you want a private dinner under that wonderful full moon, call up for a menu. You won’t have the waiters or Champaign. But it’s still a great meal.

My only suggestion is ask for everything because they don't assume anything: salt, pepper, you need to even ask for Caesar dressing for your Caesar salad. I don’t think that is a problem for the balcony dinner that fig414 wrote about.

We ate a couple evening meals and all our breakfast on the balcony. You only live once. Well at least until the next cruise. Sally loves cruises.

Have a great cruising week.

Kevin and Sally

Thanks for a great review. We are on the Golden for Christmas and New Year and whilst we are away we celebrate 15 years together so this sounds ideal.

How far in advance did you order, did you pre-book before sailing or when you got on board.

Thanks

Trish

Archived