RCL late night babysitting - need clarification...

dolphinwyo

Hi

O.K. - we are trying to figure out our next cruise, definetely Mexican Riveria, was going to go NCL, but just found out that we have to book a suite or be very crowed in Oceanview, as a balcony room isn't available on the Star for 4. Anyway - now we are looking at RCL, but in reading on the website and other posts, I am confused. So RCL provides late night babysitting either as a group OR in your room? Do you book in advance only for in room, or group too? Is the group all ages (like my 4 y.o. and 8 y.o. would be together?) Is it hard to get in room reserved? RCL looks nice, just want to make sure we can get late night sitters. We enjoy going out for a little while. How late does the group babysitting go? What hours are the in room available ....thanks for any help. Cruisinmama - I am sure you can clear this all up for me!:)

Shelly

Yep I gotcha :D

Your two kids would be in two separate groups at Adventure Ocean, one would be in the 3-5, the other in the 6-8 year old group. That group does combine to do a few things together (my kids were the same as yours). So my kids combined to do the Pirate Parade, the Talent Show, the Circus and the kid dinners.

Honestly I wouldn't use the IN CABIN sitting for your children unless you really want them to stay in cabin.

Here are the difference

--In Cabin sitting is available at night for anyone over 1 year old. You must reserve this as soon as you get on the ship and it's not guaranteed. The cost is now up to $12/hour (I think)

--At Adventure Ocean, they have what's called the "Late Night Party Zone". It's just an extension of the Adventure Ocean activities they do during the day. But it begins at 10pm and you pay $6 per hour for the 1st kid, $4 for each additional kid.

You do NOT need to reserve a spot at AO. When you drop your child off at let's say, 7pm to do some activities, they may ask you if you think the kids may stay past 10pm. If you know at that point, you can tell the counselor to add them to the list. But basically if you don't come back by 10pm, your child is automatically in the Pay service called Late Night Party Zone.

Those ages are separated at night too, but my kids could see each other if they wanted (the rooms connected).

So you see, I wouldn't do in cabin sitting with kids that age. They will be having too much fun at AO to want to be in the cabin. ;)

I agree, Adeventure Ocean's late night party zone was a huge hit with my kids (they were 4 and 6). My little one was often half asleep (one night she was asleep curled up in a corner), but my older one never wanted to leave and they begged us to go every day.

We did the 2nd seating for dinner and fed the kids in the buffet earlier and then they went to kids club. It was a wonderful solution for everyone.

I appreciate the clarification....the website wasn't very detailed on this....always know I can come here to get straightened out! Sounds similar to Camp Carnival then - they start charging after 10. The kids loved staying up late!

Archived