wine packages

jeanarch

In January we were on the Carnival Fantasy out of New Orleans & I had the TA order a wine package from Carnival to be delivered to our room. My DD ia arranging a group cruise on the same ship and her TA says there is no such package. It is called I think Wines around the world...5 bottles for about $100. Has this been discontinued or is this just an uninformed TA. Please help me. Thanks

They have wine packages on Royal Caribbean, but I called Carnival and they said that they don't have "wine packages" but you can order wine in the dining room and they will bring it to your table each night. On RC you could bring your leftover wine to the room, but not sure about Carnival. I am trying to get more info on this.

You can take wine not finished in the dining room back to your room, or they can save it for the next night. (Much better to take it back to your room.)

For wine choices from Bon Voyage, go here:

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=Wine+Cellar

Prices are about what you will pay in the dining room but orders through BV can be delivered to your room and will be there at the beginning of the cruise. You can also take a bottle to the dining room and pay a 'corkage' fee. Sometimes they charge you, sometimes not. Open the bottle in your room and take it to dinner and you probably won't be charged the corkage fee.

You can bring one bottle of wine/per person aboard at embarkation in your carry-on. Go to Carnival's web site and look for the FAQ section under 'Customer Help and Support' for more info.

Archived