Moment of Success

Appgrad

What was/will be the moment the best moment of your diet? I have been on Atkins for 3 months. I have already had two of these moments:

1. The day I finally weighed less than 200 lbs was one of the proudest and best days of my life.

2. Today I looked at the height/weight chart on a package of pantyhose I was putting on and I am nonger a "queen" size!! I can be a regular old "C" now!!

I am looking forward to a couple of other moments:

1. Having a BMI that is not overweight. (First time in YEARS)

2. Wearing a bikini for my cruise in April. (FIRST time EVER!)

What are you looking forward to???

I am looking forward to having a flat tummy!!!!! I don't think i've had one since I was about 10, so in 30lbs hopefully it will be flat. I am also looking forward to not being in the overweight catagory, just being a "normal" healthy weight!

Trish

Congratulations on your successes! It sounds like you're doing great and are very motivated to keep on track!

My 1st measure of success was when I tried on a sundress that I had bought for our 2003 cruise that I never wore because I never really fit into it and looked the way I wanted to. When I tried it on for our 2004 cruise I discovered, not only did it fit better, but I looked fantastic in it! :D

Another measure of success came just the other night. DH & I went to a restaurant with DS and my in-laws. The owner's wife was working that night and I've known her for at least 17 years so she's seen me at my heaviest. She doesn't say much, but she'll sure tell you how she feels! She looked at me and my DH and couldn't believe how great we looked. She kept going on and on (almost embarrasing) and wanted to know exactly what we've done to achieve our success.

This is a good thread! Anyone else want to share?

Lynn

Congrats to all of you on your successes!

My successes so far have been to get out of the 200's, not wear plus size clothing any longer, and to have my DH tell me how beautiful I am.

I am looking forward to being able to wear a bathing suit and not feel embarrassed and wearing a size 10 or under.

This is a great question! It is good to see where everyone has come from and where they are going.

My 1st success was getting out of the plus sizes. I love being able to shop anywhere now and buying clothes that fit my age. Plus I now don't try to where huge shirts that cover my butt.

My 2nd success was getting into my wedding dress on my 11th anniversary this last August.

My next success is very soon, when I leave that number "2" behind also and actually weigh the same as my husband at 199. And then hopefully go far beneath his weight.

My final goal is to wear an size 8 or 10 and be able to tuck in my shirts.

Angie

YEA!!! This is such a fun topic. I agree, leaving plus sizes behind was FABULOUS. I bought new jeans at the Gap last weekend.... size 14!!!

These successes help keep me motivated. For instance, right now I am extremely bored at work. A co-worker has CANDY CORN sitting out on her desk. I really want to go grab a handful, but thinking about SIZE 12 and possibly shopping at J Crew or The Limited are holding me back.

Great to hear about all the success here!

* 1st for me was being able to not weigh in for the 1st 4 weeks of my new WOE and then seeing a 15 pound loss!

* And TODAY!!!... I'm under 200 and never looking back!

* Actually looking forward to weighing in!

* Knowing the difference between what feeling hungry really is and when it's just boredom.

Things I'm looking for to are being able to wear "cute" clothes again and not worrying about covering everything up with baggy, long shirts etc. And being able to wear a swimsuit in front of people and be comfortable. Hoping to be a 8/10 by my next b-day!

Jean

Archived