Mercury questions

flashdog_1

It appears that there are 4 pools on the ship: the kiddie pool within their enclave, the T pool in the spa, and the two on Resort deck, La Playa in the center, and Palm Springs, aft. Are both of these exposed to the sun or is Palm Springs enclosed? Can't tell from the deck plans.

Does any one know what they are charging this season for a one day spa use? Weekly rate? or a better price if for 2? A reviewer who just returned was in a suite so didn't have to pay, so couldn't be sure. Thanks.

One of them is enclosed , the one in the aft. A retractable roof, but I've never seen it open (but only been on mercury x3).

Great. Maybe someone will even get in the pool while in Alaska then. I was on Summit for my last Alaska cruise, and although the weather was not cold in port, the one teenager who jumped into the pool turned about blue and immediately got into a hot tub to recover. ha

Someone was actually swimming in the outdoor pool when we were in Alaska a few weeks ago! They were just hanging out in there and didn't seem cold at all. Totally baffling.

The hot tubs by the outdoor pool were in frequent use, despite the weather. We enjoyed sail away from Juneau from the hot tub.

After Sitka, the Mercury's activity staff held a Polar Bear Plunge. About a dozen people, my wife included, jumped into the pool which was at near freezing temps. My wife said that the shock of the cold water literally stopped her breathing. They had to swim one length of the pool and then they all headed to the hot tubs! :D

Archived