UUUGGGGHHHH! Can someone help me find a place to horseback ride in Progresso?

Can anyone help me find horseback riding in Progresso? We are 5 days off and my daughter just decided she wanted to go horseback riding and now it's not showing on carnival site! Any suggestions?

I did a search of the Progreso/Merida board and found this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=9347002&postcount=4

When folks booked the horseback riding that was offered by Carnival the horses were brought up from Merida for the day. Apparently, that excursion is no longer being offered.

Dont waste your time. Stay on the ship. The port is a dump! Trust me I was there in Feb!

I agree with you for the most part. But I liked the fact you could still buy local made items at the open air market.. Unlike Cozumel where 90% is imported from China.. The draw is the ruins plus Merida being so close and having so much history.. BUT I like white sandy beaches and clear blue water.. so Progreso is far from one of favorite ports.. This September we are doing the Reef Club all inclusive there.. I am looking forward to a pool and many drinks..LOL

oops, this was about horse back riding..sorry.. I did think I saw horse back riding on the Reef Club web page..

Dont waste your time. Stay on the ship. The port is a dump! Trust me I was there in Feb!

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I have to disagree. If you are looking for a nice beach, Progresso's free public beaches are great. We were there in April and loved the beaches. Cozumel's beaches were pretty, but you couldn't really even walk much in the water due to them being coral beaches.

All depends on what you are looking for in a port of call I suppose....

cltcruiser. You are so right. After two port calls sailing on Celebrity, I've now been back to Merida and the Yucatan State three times for two week vacations. I really enjoy experiencing the local culture. I spent two nights at the Reef Yucatan and that was enough. I guess it's fine if you don't want to experience the culture.

Archived