Samana-Grand Paradise Resort

kat89447

Has anyone been to Grand Paradise Resort in Samana? We are doing an excursion there in June, and would like to know what there is to do there. I know there is a pool and a beach, is the beach sand or rock? We have a large family going with kids from 2-10. Any help would be great.

I have not been but here's a link to some information and reviews as well as photos. I have asked a question on the forum to see if any other all inclusives off day passes but no replies yet.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g793703-d248410-Reviews-Grand_Paradise_Samana-Las_Galeras_Samana_Peninsula_Dominican_Republic.html

We're heading out on the Jewel for 2 weeks in March 2009. Please come back and let us know all about the GPSamana when you get back.

Happy Travels!

Saublesand :)

Hi there,

Both the Gran Bahia Principe Cayocoa and Gran Bahia Principe Samana offer day passes for 60 pp including liquor, non-motorized watersports (essentielly snorkelling and kayaking) and meal and snacks.

GBP Cayacoa is only a few minutes from the port in Samana but the GBP Samana is a good 15 minute cab ride. GBP Samana is directly across from Cayo Levantado (Bacardi Island where the ship tours go). There is a Gran Bahia Principe there (on Bacardi Island) as well but they do not offer the day passes.

Check it out online. GBP is popular with Canadians and Europeans (I am a displaced Canadian). It helps if you speak Spanish or French to communicate directly with the hotel.

You don't buy the passes in advance... just show up... they said that I could call a few days before the cruise leaves just to confirm.

Just thought you might like to know...

I will be going to GBP Cayocoa with my husband when we stop in Samana in October... they have a swim up bar :)

Thanks Pandot...I asked about other resorts offering day passes on tripadvisor's Samana forum and not one reply...I thought others would offer it as well...I wonder if in March they would also offer it since it's normally their high season?

Happy Travels!

Saublesand :)

• 9 months later...

Archived