Cash for SeaPass

Getting ready to hit the high seas for the first time and it is all I can do to wait the week out. But I have 2 quick questions for all the experienced cruisers. I used a credit card to set up my SeaPass account when doing the on-line check in, but I really want to use cash instead.

1. Will they let me switch to paying with cash when I board the ship?

2. If so, what is the minimum amount of cash needed to get the account

started?

Any advise you all can give would be greatly appreciated!

Getting ready to hit the high seas for the first time and it is all I can do to wait the week out. But I have 2 quick questions for all the experienced cruisers. I used a credit card to set up my SeaPass account when doing the on-line check in, but I really want to use cash instead.

1. Will they let me switch to paying with cash when I board the ship?

2. If so, what is the minimum amount of cash needed to get the account

started?

Any advise you all can give would be greatly appreciated!

I don´t know about the cash amount needed but you can still update your SetSailPass and change to chash.

Hi,

I was on the Explorer last December and used cash to settle my Sea Pass account. I had used a credit card to set the account up but paid the bill during the last afternoon with cash. There were no problems at all.

I intend to do this again next january when I sail with my Mum on the Explorer. With the recent strong pound against the $ we have already purchased our dollars and know exactly how much we have to spend. Our credit card companies use their own rates for the conversion. I worked with the foreign exchange dealers for years and never managed to work out which rate the credit card companies used! When I queried it with them all they said was " you signed an agreement to pay whatever rate we used".

Regards and have a great trip,

Anne

I always secure my Set Sail Pass with a credit card and in the evening on the last full day on board, I go to the purser's office and pay my account in full by way of cash (or travellers cheques).

Being a "furininer" or an "alien" as the cruiselines like to call me, I do not want my credit card charges converted to American dollars and then back into Canadian dollars. I pay by way of cash in American dollars which I have already converted from Canadian dollars before I even leave home. This way I control the conversion rate.

Liz

Archived