Comments on the Crown

connora

Hi,

I Have Been On This Ship 3 Times When It Was The Crown Odyssey (orient Lines Sister Company To Ncl) And I Must Tell You That I Was So Upset When It Stopped Sailing The Med And Went To Ncl.

This Ship Is The Smallest I Have Been On But Really You Wouldn't Be Able To Tell And For It's Age It Is In Great Shape And I Bet It Was Re-furbished When It Went Back To Ncl, So It Is Probably Even Better Now.

We Used To Pay About £400 For A Week Around The Med And Everyone On Board Joked That We Probably Ate That Much When There.

The Staff Were So Friendly And Helpful, The Food Good And The Cabins Were Spacious.

I Would Say If You Can Get This At A Good Price, Go. I Would Have Happily Have Cruised Every Year On This Ship.

If However It Is The Same Price As The Newer, Bigger Ships I Would Choose One Of Those, But For The Price We Used To Pay It Was Fantastic Value.

Hope This Helps,

Lisa

I agree with AWATT's statements- I was on the 8/29 sailing to Bermuda from N.Y.- I liked the ship- It is much smaller than those I've been on before- but it had charm. I've been on the Dawn and I would say the food is better on the Crown- Service was good. I think the main attraction is Bermuda and the fact the ship moves three times, giving a nice "tour" that makes it easy to get around.

I was on it in September. I posted some pictures in another Crown thread. The condition was good and the staff was rushing around painting some of the rust spots and varnishing the wood. The interior was spotless.

Food was good and the service was excellent.

As everyone else stated, the ship was excellent, the food was great, and the crew treated you great, if you go back on the threads to September 12 or 13, you will find my review and Awatts review, which were great. Tom

Archived