Segway Tour with snorkeling @ Dzul Ha

ecoxwhite

This is a new tour that Carnival added to it's excursion list. A very different way to see Cozumel. Upon arrival, each of us was given time to get used to the Segway's on a practice course. Very easy to learn and our small group included ages 25-65 (their brochure says the min. age is 12 and max is 60).

We travelled to Dzul Ha via sidewalks and private road. A jeep stayed in back of us on the private road as a safety precaution. It was a nice 1/2 hr ride to the snorkeling spot. We were given refreshments and snorkeling gear. Approx another 1/2 hour was spent snorkeling. The total tour was about 3 hours and Carnival charged $69. Had I known about this tour in advance, I would have booked it directly. My understanding is that they do take direct bookings.

Give them a try. It's a fun tour and something a little different.

Sunshine Tours http://www.sunshinefuntours.com

This is a new tour that Carnival added to it's excursion list. A very different way to see Cozumel. Upon arrival, each of us was given time to get used to the Segway's on a practice course. Very easy to learn and our small group included ages 25-65 (their brochure says the min. age is 12 and max is 60).

We travelled to Dzul Ha via sidewalks and private road. A jeep stayed in back of us on the private road as a safety precaution. It was a nice 1/2 hr ride to the snorkeling spot. We were given refreshments and snorkeling gear. Approx another 1/2 hour was spent snorkeling. The total tour was about 3 hours and Carnival charged $69. Had I known about this tour in advance, I would have booked it directly. My understanding is that they do take direct bookings.

Give them a try. It's a fun tour and something a little different.

Sunshine Tours www.sunshinefuntours.com

This thread probably will not last long, but I just want to correct a misconception. The "road" is not private, it is called the "Scooter road", and was the main road to get to the South part of the Island, prior to the construction of the major road.

We drove the entire length of the Scooter road in January, it is definitely a public road, just not too heavily traveled. :p

Yes, that is a better description of the road. There were few cars that passed us, therefore the reason for the car following us.

Segways are manufactured 30 min from where I live but I had to travel to Cozumel to try them out!

Yes, that is a better description of the road. There were few cars that passed us, therefore the reason for the car following us.

Segways are manufactured 30 min from where I live but I had to travel to Cozumel to try them out!

DW and I did the same tour with Alan as our guide... Good time, but wish there'd been more time actually spent on the Segway.. :o

How much is it to directly book w/ the tour operator? It didn't say on the website. Was the snorkeling any good? So you don't ride the Segways back? It states on the website they give you a taxi coupon.

Archived