QE 2 World Cruise 2005

Cruisingbryan

• 5 weeks later...
Anyone going to be on board for the segment between Honolulu and Auckland, via Tahiti ?

we are being on board from Southampton (15th december 2004) to Southampton (16th april 2005), so on that segment too. Never been on QE2 before.

We will also be going on the World Cruise 2005 and boarding in L.A on January 17th. This is our first cruise and looking forward to this trip.

I just discovered this site and learning alot. I am sure that I will have some questions very soon.

We just received our first documents to be filled out. I thought that we needed visa for 9 countries, but according the the documentation we received- only Australia and India is required. Does anyone have additional information about Visa requirements?

You are right! At the very begining we thought we would need a lot of visas, and went quite crazy searching out how to obtain them all (because we live on the Canary Islands and we couldn´t get them all from here, only on Spain Mainland). Then our TA told us, if we go ashore with the excursions from Cunard, we can obtain a group visa, and don´t need any one. But now Cunard told us, we only need one for India and Australia. For Australia you can apply on the internet, or your TA can get it for you (electronic visa), for India you should get it from the Embassy. So that´s all you need.

It´s my first cruise, and I´m looking forward to 15th December. Can´t wait for the moment. My mum has been on cruises before, but it´s our first time on QE2.

It will be a good oportunity to learn some more english (I hope there are not too much mistakes in these messages)....

;) Hi Luna07

Don't worry about mistakes as long as we understand each other. By the way, I didn't notice any errors. I wanted to send you the information I had gotten on another posting about the visas situation. Hope this will be helpful.

"For the two countries you mentioned, you need individual visas, but for all the others, such as Vietnam, the ship applies for group visas and the charge will be on your shipboard account. It's best to use the forms provided to you by Cunard and submit all your requests for the India visas to Zierer Visa Service. You can apply online for the Australian visa at the address listed below. All you need to do is file the application online, make a copy of your ETA number, and carry it with you when you travel. It's all in the computers in Australia, so there's no need to have any kind of stamp in your passport for the Australian visa."

http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/

Hi!!!

Thank´s for your reply! we already have the eta and the visa for India too, for the rest we will go ashore with the groups, so....

Can you belive there is only 1 month left until december the 15th and we still have not received anything from Cunard. They say they use to send al the informations al least 90 days before sailaway.... but there are only 30 days left, and we have nothing. We already phones them, several times, and they said they already sent it......so I supose it must arrive one of these days.

Another problem is how to get to Southampton Cruise port. We arrive one day earlier at Heathrow-London and will stay there overnight. We thought we could get the Cunard transfer next day from the airport, but they wont take us. Other possibility is going by coach (National Express coach), but.... perhaps we find anyone who would like to share an Airport transfer van, or something similar.

Hi!!!

Thank´s for your reply! we already have the eta and the visa for India too, for the rest we will go ashore with the groups, so....

Can you belive there is only 1 month left until december the 15th and we still have not received anything from Cunard. They say they use to send al the informations al least 90 days before sailaway.... but there are only 30 days left, and we have nothing. We already phones them, several times, and they said they already sent it......so I supose it must arrive one of these days.

Another problem is how to get to Southampton Cruise port. We arrive one day earlier at Heathrow-London and will stay there overnight. We thought we could get the Cunard transfer next day from the airport, but they wont take us. Other possibility is going by coach (National Express coach), but.... perhaps we find anyone who would like to share an Airport transfer van, or something similar.

Archived